✦ RAYNE.bunny in the rain

Start from the beginning

your eyes widened. for real?

"let me talk to my.. 'boyfriend'.. about this." you firmly nodded at her as if a military command was just given to you.

"rayne!" you called out, catching the visionary's attention.

"(y/n). what do you think of this?" he held out the necklace. and to say the least, you were captivated. the way the colours resonated with each other was simply elegant, it looked like a necklace that came right out of a disney movie.

such a treasure, you believed, would not be befitting on you. but rayne had thought otherwise. he fully believed that somehow, some way, it was made for you.

"close your eyes." rayne ordered.

"huh?"

"i want to see it on you. the necklace." he mumbled, unlinking the hook.

although slightly hesitant, you shut your eyes. rayne stepped closer to you, reaching out his arms to hook the necklace around your neck.

you could feel his calloused hands brush against your neck, the way his fingers brushed against your skin. how his touch lingered, and how his warmth radiated off him. his knuckles ghosting over your collarbone as he adjusted the necklace, the momentary silence that felt everlasting before he finally gave you the green card to open your eyes.

and when you did, you were met with rayne staring at how the necklace complemented you. there was nothing but awe and admiration in his eyes, nothing but sheer content and satisfaction seeing the most beautiful piece of jewellery on the most beautiful soul he had ever met.

you were, too, mesmerised. not by the necklace that hung off your neck, but the slight smile that was drawn on rayne's lips. so subtle, yet so precious and rare. much like a diamond.

"you should get it." rayne muttered, thumb brushing over the ring that rested just right above your cleavage.

"there's no way... it's 5,000 alone, rayne." you let out a soft chuckle laced with light disappointment. it was true that you adored the necklace, but you also adored your financial stability.

"i'm paying." he let go of the treasure, offering to cover for the insane amount.

"yeah, as if i'd let you." you scoffed attempting to remove the necklace, but your efforts were futile.

"well, you've completed your end of the deal, missy! i'll price it at 3,250!" the monocled lady hastily made her way to the two of you, hands clasped together.

"i have..? and 3,250 is still 3,250..." you deadpanned.

"then i'll let you have it for free if my son agrees to get a girlfriend." she turned serious, extremely serious while shoving a finger in front of your face.

"and if he doesn't...?" rayne, not quite sure of what was going on, piped in.

"then i will see you in court if full payment isn't made by the next day. shoo, now. enjoy your date!" she smiled, a little too cheerful for comfort, and pushed the two of you forward.

"she's... odd." rayne had a look of concern of his face, making you snicker and pause in your tracks.

"one sec. i forgot something at the store." you said before turning on your heel and teleporting back to the store.