A SECOND WIFE

Chapter 27

Emma
Today marked the fourth day on this wonderful Island.  I had explored almost everywhere.  Our clubbing night was fantastic.  I made new good friends.  I could say, business friends. 

I have shopped for new clothes as I shall resume at my new office on Monday.  I also shopped for my baby too.

I will be joining some new friends this night for a get-together.  Lauren.  A new friend I met two days ago.  And a big businesswoman.  She had invited Ethan and me to her get-together party. 

Ethan helped me to choose what to wear to the party and I loved the dress on me.

"How do I look? " I asked Ethan who has been busy with his phone for a while now.

"Ethan! ". I shouted at him.

"Sorry,  what did you say". He dropped his phone looking tensed. 

I am certain something is wrong.  Is it work?  I don't know.

I walked to him and stood in front of him.  I cupped his cheeks.  " Are you ok? "  He looked pale and he nodded

"Sure.  I'm good". He smiled.

I know he is hiding something.  But if he is not ready to discuss it with me.  Then,  I don't want to push it.

I left him and walked back to the large mirror to check myself before we left.

"Shall we? ". Ethan spoke from behind.  "By the way,  you look good in this dress.  I can't wait to rip it off you when we get back". He whispered against my ear kissing my cheek and pulling me to his chest. 

I chuckled pulled out of his grip and locked eyes with him.

*******

We arrive at the venue.  We were accompanied by our bodyguards.  Ethan was still not himself.  But,  I gave his hand a good squeeze telling him to relax. 

I spotted Lauren talking with some of her guests as we walked into the venue.  She is having a party on the beach.  She saw us and walked to us.  "Thanks for coming Emma" She hugged me and turned to Ethan who was lost on his phone.

"Mr Williams".  She called.  Ethan looked up at her.  "Thanks for coming.  It means a lot"  She stretched her hand for a handshake with a big smile on her face.  Ethan shook her hand and nodded.  But not smiling back. 

"Alright,  please,  enjoy the evening.  I will be back". 

She left to greet other guests as they arrived.  I passed a glass of wine to Ethan as I took two glasses from a passing waiter. 

"The weather is good tonight". I informed after Sipping from my drink. 

Ethan was not responding to my comment as he was far gone in his thoughts.  Now,  this is pissing me off. 

I put a stray strand of my hair behind my ears.  The wind was a bit more.  I looked beside me and Ethan was gone.

A man came towards me.  He should be in his late twenties.  A blond and with his looks.  He seems to be wealthy too.

"Hello,  beautiful lady.  Why are you standing alone? ".  His baritone voice filled my ears despite the soft music playing. 

"Well,  I am not alone.  I am here with my spouse". As I looked around for him.

"Well.  Lucas Alexander.  It is a pleasure meeting the most beautiful woman I have ever seen".  He stretched out his hand and I shook his hand without hesitating.

"Emma Williams.  And thanks"  I said.

"You must be Ethan's new wife?  Or should I say his second wife?". He hissed

"What do you mean? Second wife? ".  I asked him with a scowl on my face.

"Oh,  sorry.  I didn't know you were clueless about it.  My bad.  But, but you are not his first wife.  His first wife Martha is a very good friend of mine".  He took a glass of wine from a passing waiter and drank from it immediately still looking for a reaction from me as he smiled.

I looked at this strange man not believing what he just told me.  I decided to leave him and go find Ethan. 

"Excuse me.  I need to go look for my husband".  I excused myself and I left.

I walked around and I could not find my husband.  I also noticed that Zach and Anthony are not here either.  So I asked Albert.  He told me that my husband had gone back to the suite. 

I asked him to follow me immediately.  Now I know that something is wrong. But,  I can't lay my hands on it.

We got back to the resort and headed to the suite.  I saw Zack at the entrance guiding the door.  He was shocked to see me.  But he was not my problem.  So I ignored him.

"Mrs Williams,  why are you here? ". He asked and I ignored him. 

I walked passed him and opened the door.  It closed back after I walked in.  I went straight to our bedroom but Ethan was not there.  Then I decided to check the other rooms.  As I approach the third room.  I heard some funny sounds coming from the room. 

I was sweating.  I don't want to believe what it is.  The sound got louder as I was about to open the door.  I took a deep breath before attempting to open the door. 

With so much difficulty,  I found the courage to open the door.  And as I did.  I saw a naked woman on Ethan.  They were having sex.  I cupped my mouth.  I could not believe what I was seeing before me. 

They were not even aware that I was there as they were so lost in whatever they were doing. 

I left the room gently and I locked back the door.   I walked out of the suite.  Zack saw me crying and he knew that I must have seen. 

I sat on the floor broken.  They could not touch me.  But they were all looking at me.  Feeling bad for me. 

Thank you guys. We hit 2k reads.

Please like
Please comment
Please share
Please follow