--4--

I watch as Elizabeth paces in front of me. She says nothing, and there isn't anything to say. Her son, Edward, died believing that his mother was dead. Elizabeth lived thinking she was a monster, as she tried  to find her son. Edward lived believing that the influenza killed his mother, when she was as immortal.

I cannot imagine the pain she must be feeling. Knowing that her son was killed. And she didn't get to see him in over 100 years, and he is know dead. No parent should go through this. "I can help," I say, breaking the silence.

"How can you help?" Elizabeth asks.

"I can fill you in on the part of Edward's life I was in. I can answer your questions. About his diet, love life..." I pause. "Even his death."

"I would like that," Elizabeth smiles.

"My story is entwined with Edwards so I will tell you my story also," I lead Elizabeth into the lounge room. "I was 16 when I moved to Forks. My parents had separated when I was younger and my mother remarried. Phil is a minor leaguer in baseball and travelled a lot. My mother would stay home and look after me in Phoenix. I decided to spend some time with my dad, so I left my home to live with him.

"Forks is under a cloud all the time, and Phoenix was hot and sunny. At the start, I hated Forks. I hated the cold and the rain. But then I met Edward. At first he was a dick to me. He ignored me for a while, and he absolutely loathed me. My blood sung to him, and I was a constant struggle. But he eventually warmed up to me. We started talking and I found out that he was a vampire.

"We were out when a trio of Vampires came after us, Victoria, Laurent and James. James wanted me dead and chased me all the way to Phoenix were we tricked me into believing my mother was with him. When I went to him, my mother wasn't there and we planned on killing me. Edward and his adopted family saved me. Edward was saying crazy stuff after that. Saying that if something happened to me, he would go and sacrifice himself to the Volturi.

"They through me a party for my 17th. I was opening a present when I cut my finger. Jasper is able to feel the emotions of everyone else. As my blood sung to Edward, he tried to attack me. Jasper tried to help, but everyone thought he was trying to kill me. Edward threw me backwards into a table holding vases, and attempted to fight off Jasper. Carlisle, who is the leader of the pack and Edward's adoptive father, managed to control the situation but everyone blamed Jasper for 'loosing control.'

"Edward made his family leave, claiming that it would be the right thing to do. At that stage I didn't know that Edward had some of his family looking out for me. I started hanging out with Jacob Black, who is a werewolf. He was my bestfriend when we were little, and we were bestfriends then. It nearly become more, but I loved Edward. I was bored one night so I decided to go for a walk through the forest, knowing that I would be safe from the werewolves as they were protecting me. Laurent had tried to killed me but the wolves ended him. When I was walking Edward attacked me, blind from his thirst. He hit me and hurt me badly, leaving me with scars that I still have in my vampire life.

"Edward and I were never the same after that. I went cliff-diving which is something that all the kids at the La Push Reservation did, and Rosalie was watching over me and thought I had died. But Jacob saved me. Rose went to her adoptive brother, telling him that I had died. So Edward went to the Volturi and planned on showing himself to the humans. Alice, who is a seer, came to me and took me to him and we saved his life. Edward and his family moved back to Forks and we continued life.

"Edward and I had our difficulties. He was overly protective of me, and made me stop hanging out with Jacob. I thought that Edward and I were mates, and we would be together forever. Every time Edward would leave to go hunting, he would have a family member stay back and look after me. Jasper and I had always been friends, and he was babysitting me alone when we decided to go to Texas and see some of his old friends. In the car on the way there, Edward called. Unaware that I was listening he admitted that he was in love with someone else. He came after Jasper and I and that lead to my turning.

"Edward attacked me and tried to kill me. The only way I survived was because Jasper gave me his venom. Jasper and I then went and joined the Volturi. We stayed there for a while, when we had some of the Vampires from the Denali Clan come to us. They reported that Edward and his mate, Tanya, had made an immortal child. We went to Forks, where they had been living. They had an immortal child, and they made it so they could have a family, but Edward had it because he didn't want to live without me.

"The Volturi did what they needed to and killed Tanya and Edward. And we continued our lived," I say, wiping the tears out of my eyes. "I didn't want Edward to die. I wish he hadn't. But it happened."

"Thank-you for being so honest with me," Elizabeth says. "I shall tell you about myself now. When I found out that Carlisle was a vampire, I asked him to save my son and to save me. I told him that I would die before I let my son die. Carlisle and I kept in contact over the years, but before they moved to Forks we stopped talking, as I felt bad for leaving my son. I couldn't help him. It took me years and years to get over my thirst as I found out that I had a power.

"It is called compulsion. I can compel people and make them do as I want. I can make them do anything. Humans and Vampires can be under my compulsion. I used my power over the years as I travelled. I learnt many legends over the time and I met many acquaintances. Somewhere in the middle east I met a group of vampires who were crazy and inhumane.

"I then learnt that they had flicked a switch. Turned off their humanity. Turned off their feelings. They were emotionless. They were living life as they wanted, and they felt no guilt for killing people. When I heard about my sons death, I battled hard to keep my humanity. I could've ended it all. All the pain and all the suffering, but I wanted revenge," my mind tried to comprehend the words that are being said. We can turn off our humanity, our feelings. "You seem like a nice lady Isabella Swan, but you are partially to blame for the death of my son."

"I didn't kill your son Elizabeth. I was there, yes, but I didn't kill him," Elizabeth smirks at me.

"You do not understand Isabella. I am not saying that you killed him. I am just saying that you had something to do with his death, and that makes you part of the reason he is dead," I try to rack my brains, I try to figure out what she means.

She leans her head near mine and her pupils get larger as she speaks to me.

"I am now your master. You shall do what I say and only what I say. You shall follow my every order and you shall do everything that I ask of you. Do you understand?" I nod my head slowly. "I want you to flick the switch Isabella. I want you to turn off your humanity." I stare blankly at her. I feel all the emotions leave my body. The happiness, the guilt, the sadness, the pain, everything.

Jasper runs into the room and tries to shake me. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?" he screams.

"I fixed here. Isabella, you and I are going to go on a journey together," Elizabeth says. I stand and look at Jasper.

"Goodbye Jasper," I say before walking out of the door.

A\N

This chapter took me a while to write. I didn't feel that it was good enough so I kept adding bits. I have been watching a lot of The Vampire Diaries and I am obsessed with it, and that is where I got the idea for the humanity switch and compulsion. I am pretty proud of this chapter, and I am excited about where this story is going to go, as I have some amazing ideas in my head.

Lots of love,
NicoleChristine1