Chapter 5

Waking up on a Saturday morning, Lorelai sat up in her bed and stretched her stiff limbs. She rubbed her tired eyes, her mind still dazed with sleep. The witch had stayed up late to read through her great-grandfather's journal. She hadn't gotten too far, but she had read enough to understand him better.

It seemed as though Sebastian Sallow had started off as a cunning Slytherin boy with a twin sister and a best friend.

Lorelai had later noticed that he seemed to change after Anne had been cursed, his writings had turned darker and more angry. Though curious, Lorelai decided to leave the rest for another time.

Outside of the Hufflepuff common room, the Marauders were waiting outside for their Hufflepuff friends. Neither of them expecting to see two certain Slytherin's heading their way.

"What are you doing here, Snivellus?" Sirius spat, his grey eyes turning a shade darker at the sight of the grease ball.

"None of your business, Black" Severus sneered, desperately wanting to hex the wizard.

"Hey, Reg. What are you doing here?" James asked, turning to the younger Black wizard.

"We're here for Lorelai if you must know" Regulus answered with a sigh, crossing his arms over his green knitted jumper.

And just as he said that, said Scamander-Sallow witch walked out of the common room with Owen at her side. The boys turned to her, Sirius and Remus looking at her in awe.

She was dressed in a mustard coloured woollen jumper and black and white overalls with black combat boots. She looked beautiful.

"Good morning, boys" She beamed at the group, but quickly frowned when she saw the sour look on Severus' face.

"Okay, what happened?" Lorelai asked, crossing her arms with a quirked brow.

"Nothing, Rory. Nothing at all" Sirius smiled sweetly, earning a scoff from Severus.

"Whatever. Come you two, lets get going" The witch turned to the Slytherin's and went to start walking but was stopped by James.

"Wait, why are you going with them?" He asked, slightly baffled.

"I'm hanging out with them today" She answered simply, making him and Sirius look at her in alarm. They knew that Lorelai was friendly, but with Severus of all people.

"You're joking, right? You're hanging out with them instead of us?" Sirius questioned with a bit of jealousy in his tone, though he unintentionally raised his voice at the girl which earned a small glare from her. Lorelai was so over their attitude towards Severus.

"For the love of Helga Hufflepuff. Grow up Sirius, I'm sick and tired of you and James treating him like shit. Yes he's a Slytherin and yes he can act like a bit of an ass, but he's a good person and I like hanging out with him. With how you two treat him, I'm starting to think that maybe you belong in Slytherin" She said angrily, before pulling Severus and Regulus with her and away from the baffled group.

"Although I'm rather amused by the ordeal, there was no need for you to do that" Severus said, a hint of a smile on his face. It hadn't been the first time Lorelai had stood up for the raven haired wizard, but it always secretly warmed his heart.

"It needed to be said. They treat you like you're the bad guy, and I'm sick of it" She sighed, grabbing out the journal to go over the page about the Undercroft.

"You really are something else, Rory" Regulus smirked, using her nickname for the first time since they've known each other.

"I've been told" Lorelai answered, looking away from the journal to give him a cheeky wink before she continued walking down the hall.