s i x

I thought yesterday was a disaster.

But to be honest? Today was a whole lot more disastrous.

I screamed when I almost stepped on someone who was sitting in front of the classroom door. A lifeless figure..with grey cloud spinning on top of his coconut headㅡ he seemed very sullen and was on the verge of dying. "Chanyeol!" I called out for his name, crouching to see whether he was still living or not. "Are you okay? Still living? Do I need to call the ambulance? How long have you been there?!"

Park Chanyeol looked up. With his puppy eyes that were filled with tears, he certainly looked like someone to take a pity for. If he asked for one million right now, I would not hesitate to sell one of my kidneys for him. I meant, look at that puppy look. His lips parted to answer my questions, but he pouted instead. Was he already there even before the school had end?

"Chorong? What's wrong?" Irene came to the rescue finally. As she frowned when she found me still at the door, she glanced to the side. Only god knew how funny her face was when noticing a lifeless corpse sitting in front of our class. "You freaking giant! Sit somewhere else and don't scare people, for God's sake."

"Don't be mad at him." I nudged her arm, cutting Irene off from keep nagging at the poor guy. Once her grandma mode was activated, there would be no escape of her old nags and lectures. With an awkward smile, I turned to him back. "Urm, so. Why are you here, Chanyeol? I haven't seen you since your match ended yesterday."

Tears filled inside his eyesㅡ I became panicked and thought if I had said something wrong to hurt his fragile feelings. "I was being so confident yesterday that it made me dropped my guard.. I thought" He stifled. "I thought I could win the match and take you home. So I decided to avoid you for a while today.."

My face instantly fell. Oh, come on. Park Chanyeol, you're a grown man for god's sake. Winning and losing should be normal in daily life. I would love to give some philosophy quotes to teach him about the wonder of live, but I decided to cancel the intention upon seeing the devastating state of his.

The story was actually, he miserably lost to the match yesterday. Guess it was no joke that the opponent was really goodㅡ perhaps on another level compared to our school team.. Park Chanyeol was the best player; but him alone wouldn't suffice to secure the victory. The rest of the official members should do extra work to keep up with the tall guy fast. But even after all of his sparkling promise to take me home if he win, it was unfortunate that he lost though he secured the MVP.

Irene snorted at him, "Pussy."

Park Chanyeol's ears went red when he caught onto such a vulgar word from her. "..S-sorry." He ran his gaze away to the floor with a visible pout.

"You've done your best, Chanyeol. Don't be so sad." I hesitantly replied to avoid the conversation to grow colder.

Irene didn't seem to be satisfied with my praise. She grimaced as she leaned closer to whisper something. "Stop sugarcoating, it will make things worse." Clearing her throat with a sharp look onto the sad guy, she added more. "You go and calm him. I have some urgent business to settle by today, so I'll run away for now."

Irene shrugged nonchalantly innocently and quickly vanished away as if she was a damn skilful ninja like in Naruto. What a traitorㅡI swore I wouldn't give her chicken dinner anymore whenever we played PUBG after this.