I couldn't even walk into the house, I could barely breathe. I stood at the door and just stared at the guys in disgust. The same guys who RAPED me! Then my momma making me make their plates for them? IS SHE SERIOUS?

Faith: HELLO!? (She said, pulling me out of my thoughts.)

Christina: Momma I'm hurting-

Faith: What the hell did I just say!? I don't care how you feel! Make our guest feel welcome!

I wanted to cry, my body hurted so bad, I wanted to run away but I didn't have anywhere to go to. In Chicago, we hardly had any family.
My mother took a seat across from the two men and started sniffing the cocaine they offered her. I kept staring back as I warmed up the spaghetti because I didn't trust anyone. When I finished, I gave the plate to Cornell and Jamal, who both grinned and thanked me.

Cornell: I'm so sorry that happened to you babygirl. (He said giving me a smirk)

I started to shake even more

Christina: (turning to face my mother) Could I please leave? (I said nearly crying )

Faith: Go ahead, Go ahead! (While trying to stay focus with her drugs)

I slept most of the day away and woke up around 10:00, I moved carefully into the living room and took a seat next to her. I could see the pain in my mom's eyes and couldn't help but cry. She looked at me and hugged me. I know my mommy is in there somewhere. I just can't give up on her.

Faith: Baby, I'm sorry. I'm trying to be better, I really am.

Christina: It's okay mommy. I know you are. I promise to always be there for you.

Faith: That's what I got to talk to you about. I- I am going to send you to your grandparents-

Christina: Momma what? What are you talking about?

Faith: I can't protect you Christina! I just can't! I can't raise you to be a smart young lady! (Looking down in shame)

I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of her mouth..

Christina: It's okay mommy, I will read books to learn, I don't know those people. Please don't send me there (I begged)

Mom turned to face me again after looking down.

Faith: I've spoken with them already.

The room was quiet until I spoke.

Christina: Why? Why are you treating me like this? What did I deserve to be treated this way? I was here for you at all times. Even when you let your friends hurt me.. (As tears started to well up in my eyes) I went out making money for you! I sold drugs for you! I never gave up on you!

Faith: Don't start Chris-

Christina: I DON'T WANNA GO!

Faith: YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!

I quickly stood up, took my phone, and proceeded to walked out the door.

Faith: Where are you going!?

Christina: Out!

After closing the door, I started heading to the closest bus station. Even though I was only carrying $5, I was able to leave and go back, I got onto the bus, sat in the back and listened to beats as I began to write my own songs.

The lyrics..

I started crying as I was writing down the words because I believed I was going to be able to make it and help my mother someday

I started crying as I was writing down the words because I believed I was going to be able to make it and help my mother someday. Like her, I dreamed to be a singer.
My mother used to sing R&B love songs, but ever since meeting that Derek guy (whom we shall discuss later), she has stopped doing so. She was so popular! They were in love with her once. My mother has become known by many as a drug and alcohol addict. Since others would make fun of me because of my mother, I stopped attending school.
To feel better, I would often listen to her songs and visualize her performing them. I really enjoy watching the music videos she produced. She hates talking about it though, I just wish she got back into singing. Since she won't sing then I will and I want to carry on the legacy and become famous!

Sorry for the short chapter,
Next chapter will be longer!

Do you think Faith will ever get back to singing?

Make sure you ⭐️ the chapter🙏🏽

Ideas?....

Thank you to TCS_Monet for helping me out!💓