Chapter 4

Karen POV

Finally, Sunday arrived, and I couldn't have been more excited to take Christina to our church "Greater Emmanuel Institutional Church Of God In Christ"
She sat at the front with Twinkie because I wanted her to have a true church experience. As my husband, Dorinda, Jacky, and I took our seats in the pulpit on the far left side of the church.  I could still see Christina. Kierra was seated with the choir in the audience on the far right, while J Drew, who played the drums, was sitting in the musician section on the far right.
After Sister Lewis's greeting to the congregation, the choir stood up and began to sing. Kierra lead the song "God is here," which I wrote, and she shut the whole church down! Everyone was praising, crying, and worshiping including me.
I simply give thanks to God for everything he has done for my family and me. I've Got a reason to praise him!
After Kierra finished, I turned to focus on Christina, who was crying, and I started crying too because I could feel the pain in her eyes. I immediately began to pray, asking God to spare her from all of her suffering.

Christina POV

Church was then over, I felt such a relief. Bishop was talking about how to be closer to God and it truly helped me. I also felt sad because I wished my mom was here, I'm sure she would've felt the same way I felt.
Before everyone got up to leave Bishop got on the pulpit and said

Bishop: I would like to welcome my lovely granddaughter Christina! She's never been here before, so I want each and every one of you to welcome her with open arms. Stand up, dear.

As I stood up the congregation started clapping their hands in joy. My grandmother Karen and Auntie Dorinda grinned at me as I glanced at them.
As soon as bishop finished praying, people began to leave. I waited for someone to give me the signal to get up from my seat. Kierra came to sit with aunt Twinkie and I while Bishop, Jacky, Dorinda, and Karen were out talking.

Kierra: So.. did you enjoy it?

Christina: I did! I really feel good, a feeling I haven't felt in a long time. Also you did amazing up there.

Kierra: Thank you Pooh! Soon you'll be up there singing a solo too.

Christina: Oh I don't know about th-

Khalil: Hey, I didn't know you were the Bishop granddaughter!

I instantly felt embarrassed. Where did he come from? I glanced at Kierra, who gave me a grin before turning to speak with Aunt Twinkie as like she wasn't paying attention.

Christina: Hi, umm yea.

Khalil: That's pretty dope! You never texted me, we good?

When I glanced back at Kierra to make sure she wasn't paying attention, both she and Twinkie gave me the side eye and started giggling. I was so very embarrassed.

Christina: I- sorry there's been a lot going on these past couple of days. ( I said, glancing down)

Khalil: It's all good love, I was wondering if I can take you out tomorrow. You know like show you around?

Christina: I actually start school tomorrow. But I will let you know after.

Khalil: that's cool with me, umm, how about I get your number this time since I have my phone with me.

I then gave him my number and after I gave it to him he looked me up and down and smiled

Khalil: I'll see you soon beautiful, I gotta get going.

After he left, I grinned, and aunt Twinkie and Kierra gave me a funny look before they burst out laughing.  I began to laugh with them out of embarrassment.