Chapter 32: One Kiss Is All It Takes

Maybe you love me, but maybe not enough
Maybe you need me, or maybe I'm too much
I'm overcomplicated, I can't explain it, I tell myself that
You might not feel the same and that's killing me, so spell it out

Shut Me Up - Nicky Youre

Y/N's POV

March 26th, 2022

"Ok, just a few more steps"

"Don't let me fall, Y/N"

"I would never, Princess. Alright...stop. Open your eyes", I tell Lizzie before moving to her side.

"Bowling Alley. Are you challenging me, Girard?", Lizzie inquires with a mischievous smirk.

"We've been so busy lately, you with your show and me with the movie, that I thought we could de-stress with some FRIENDLY competition", I tell her in between chuckles.

"Well Angel, I'm warning you right now, you're going to lose", Lizzie tells me while walking towards the building. I catch up to her and intertwine our hands.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Olsen. Who knows, I may be the first person to beat the 'Undefeatable Elizabeth Chase'", I say to her determined.

"We'll see", is the only thing she says back before we head towards the reception to pay for the entrance fee. We walk towards our lane and put our names on the program.

"'Dorkiest Rockstar', really?", I ask Lizzie unamused by the name she chose to put as my avatar.

"What?! You're a Rockstar, whether you want to admit or not, and you're very dorky too so, perfect nickname", she tells me with a mischievous smile.

"Well, if you chose my avatar name, I'm choosing yours", I inform her before writing the perfect avatar name for her. She tried to peek and see what I was writing, but I blocked her with my arm while writing with my free hand.

"'Mommy Wanda'? Y/N, what is that?", Lizzie asks me confused and I snort. Thank God she doesn't have social media.

"That's for me to know and enjoy, and for someone else to explain it to you. I won't be the one to traumatize you. Now, let's play", I tell her, and she just huffs before choosing her bowling ball. "Alright, I know the game is pretty easy and it sure looks like you've played before...", I start, and she nods with a proud smile. "...but I was thinking maybe we can play a little different this time"

"What do you have in mind?", Lizzie asks back with a smirk.

"Ok so, each turn, before you throw the ball, you have to do a special trick, or we can put a challenge. Maybe you can dance beforehand, throw the ball with your eyes closed, throw it with your non-dominant hand. You know, things like that", I explain to her, and she thinks about it for a bit before answering.

"I like that idea", she says and signals for me to start.

"This is called the 'Crane stance'", I say before standing on one of my feet and throwing the ball forward. Lucky for me, I knocked out 8 pins, and had a spare after. "Top that, Olsen", I tell her while dusting off my shoulder and sitting in our table. She chuckles at me before standing up and walking towards the lane.

"We're just getting started, Girard. I don't want you to cry when I beat your ass", Lizzie tells me serious, and I swallow the lump in my throat.

"No need to get aggressive, Princess. Remember, this is a FRIENDLY competition", I remind her, and she just puts on her concentrated face before standing with her back to the lane and sliding the ball through her legs. The ball knocked 9 pins, and when she threw the ball again, she did a spare as well, leaving me speechless.