Never Doing Track Again

Dogdays pov

I walk to the open seat next to them and sit down. They kept smiling at me, and it was weriding me out a bit. "What is it?" I say as they stare at me. "So you and the baseball player, ehh," Hoppy says while leaning forward. My eyes widen. "WHAT? NO, no, I just met him guys, " I say, backing up a bit from them because they are both leaning towards my direction. Crafty side eyes are happy and smiles, and Hoppy does the same thing to Crafty. I wish I understood their girl language.

We are all talking because the teacher didn't prepare any work for today because he forgot? Eh, I don't care. I enjoyed talking to my friends. "You and Bobby, what's up with that?" Hoppy says to Crafty. Who is blushing a bit, but you can tell by her pale white fur. She smiles all giddy while holding her hands. "I don't know if she likes me too," she says, looking at her hands just like Bobby does, so Cutee. "Oh, c'mon, I am sure she will like you a lot," I say, holding her shoulder. She looks up and smiles at us. "Aww, thank you, gu-" the bell rings. We all look at the teacher. "Opps forgot when the bell rang you all can go," he says as he continues looking at him book. I already hate this teacher. We all angrily groan and pack up what little stuff we brought out.

We all head out, and I check my schedule. P.E. I walk to my class and look's like I have it with Catnap. I had him for what three now? I walked to my spot, and the teacher told me to go. They have these number on the floor I have to stand on for them to mark me here. I am number 19, and I watch catnap go to his. I can't help but stare wherever he goes it's just that his bright colors catch my eyes or something. He's number 15, so he's on my right side in front of me a bit. We all go to our lockers and they gave us all free gym clothes. Which I am grateful for because I forgot to bring money today. Catnap is in my locker row in the middle. I change pretty quickly because I have to use the restroom. So I change and walk through the row to get to the bathrooms. But I tried with ALLL my might. I promise not to look at Catnap changing, but it's kinda hard when the row is crowded and he right up in front of me, you know. It's werid if I think about they should give us more space. They tell us it's time to go, so we all head out. I notice Bubba and Picky are in my class, which I am grateful for because I can't do PE by myself. "Hey guys," I say, jogging to them. "Heyyy," picky says as she waves to me, and Bubba waves to me too. "Alright kids, we are doing track, like it or don't I don't care," the teacher says, looking at her clipboard. I turn, and Bubba looks in disbelief, and Picky just doesn't care. I fairly like track. I think some of the stuff it fun. "If I wanted to do track, I would've signed up," Bubba says, clearly angry. I laugh, and we all walk to the field. "Alright, first run the triangle, and you have a minute," the teacher says, holding a stop watch. "WHAT?" Me and somme other kids yell. We all run, and I am trying my best, but I am so freaking slow. I am running by myself because Picky gave up, and Bubba is trying but is walking more than jogging. I am behind a group of kids, and they are so loud it's kinda annoying. I look, and some kids have already beat the triangle. I see Catnap is almost there breathing almost normally, which makes sense if he does base ball. We all get there, and the teacher lines everyone up. "Alright, everyone who does sports raise you hand" the teacher says, pulling out and pen for her clipboard. Catnap and a few others raise their hands. "Alright, I want you guys to run the triangle four more times," the teacher says, writing something down. "WHAT WHY?" A girl yells. I want people who do sports to have more of a challenge, " she says, looking at the girl. The girl still arguing with the teacher is kinda funny and everyone is watching. Well, until I heard a sigh and footsteps, I turned and Catnap already doing his laps to get it over with. Once he did that, the others who had to run also started running with him. I am happy the girl is by us time because everyone else who doesn't have to run again just sat and talked to each other. I sat with Bubba and Picky, but I really didn't watch. I watched catnap run his laps. It was his first lap, the one everyone did, and then his second third, fourth, and fifth. He comes my way a bit and collapses on the floor panting. I laugh at him, and he looks at me. He smiles and tries to breathe. Bubba and Picky are talking about something I don't know about, so I scoot to Catnap a bit. "Sooo was it fun," I say, putting my arms in my crossed legs. He falls back and looks at the sky. "I needed it," he says between breaths. "Why?" I ask, looking at his tired face. "I don't know it felt somewhat nice, I guess," he says, staring at the clouds. I sigh and look up as well. "Guess what?" I say, smiling. "Chickenbutt?" He says. "No, guess what?" I say, looking at him. "What?" He looks back at me. "Chickenbutt." I smile at him, and he frowns. "That's really not funny," he says, looking at the sky again. I giggle and him.

"ALRIGHT GO TO THE OFFICE AND WHEN YOU COME BACK RUN 10 LAPS," the teacher yells at her, and the student stops and walks away to the office. "Alright, class, get up. we are doing shot put get in pairs of two, " she yells. I look to Bubba and Picky, but I am guessing they are pairing up. I look around, but it looks like everyone is paired up. I turn to catnap, who is slowly getting up. "Soo catnap, how bout me and you," I say, trying to sound slick. "Heh, sure," he giggles. I help him up, and we walk to our cones. The teacher tells me how to play, but I was distracted by catnaps. Tail is just moving. "You got it?" Catnap turns to me and asks. "Huh? Got what?" I look at him. He sighs and smiles. "To play?" I think and a shake my head no. "Ok, look, you will have the ball here and bend your arm up, and when you let go, you...Yada Yada yada," he lost me, I just stare at his face pretending I know what he's saying. "You want to go first?" I come back to my senses. "To what?" Catnap sighs and looks up. "Here, I will go first, and you watch how bout that." I smile and nod, and he smiles with me. "ALRIGHT FIRST PERSON GO UP" catnap goes up and picks up the metal ball. " 3..2..1 SHOOT"  Catnap throws, and it goes heck far. LIKE REALLY FAR, but some other people balls went farther than his, but he beat most people. I was jawdropped, he went and put the cone to where the ball landed and it was my turn. I am so moving the cone back. There is no way I can throw it like that. "3..2..1 SHOOT" I try and throw mine. I closed my eyes and opened them and I don't know where it went. Someone tapped my shoulder, and I turned. It was the boy in the hallway who called me doggie he's so rude. "HEY YOU KUST THREW YOUR BALL AT MY FRIEND WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!" He yells at me. I turn, and I hit the other kids' legs. HOW DID I MISSED THAT BAD! "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to," I say, backing up a bit. "ZANDY I THINK GUSK NEEDS HELP," Catnap yells to the boy in front of me. The boy in front of me looks at his hurt friend and walks to him. Catnap comes to me. "Man... your throw sucks," he said as he looked at the hurt boy. I felt so embarrassed, but he giggled, which made me laugh a bit. "I was off by a little," I say, looking at where the cone is where catnap put it his try. He laughs and looks at me. "How'd you even hit him he's on the side. Did you cruve the ball or something?" I just shrug as I think about it, too. We both look at each other and start laughing. " ALRIGHT CLASS IS OVER HEAD TO THE LOCKER ROOMS," the teacher yells while calling someone on her radio. I walk back with catnap, and we talk a bit. "You never joined sports before, really?" He asks me, shocked. "No, but other sports do you play," I ask, looking at the limping boy. "Oh, I used to do boxing, but then I had to quit, and I did volleyball, but I was no good at it. More that I remember," he says, doing at thinking face. "You look like a soccer person to me, kinda," I look at him. " I and soccer do not go together," I laugh, and he giggles. We walk back to our lockers

______________________________________
Yesss guys, don't worry. I am working on the lavander Lovers chapter right now, guys. I just got an idea for a book like this anyways Enjoy.

1674 words