-In Love With You-

Start from the beginning

I walked down the hall towards Keefe's favorite ditching spot. Sure, enough Keefe in his handsome glory is sitting in his favorite spot. A crooked grin on his face as he watched me approach. My heart skipped a beat, and I felt a rush of warmth spread through me, banishing some of the doubts that had clouded my mind.

"Hey, Foster," Keefe greeted me, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Hi Keefe."

I started walking towards him, nervousness rising. "Whoa Foster, what's got you all nervous?" he asks curiously.

Taking a deep breath, I spoke, my words stumbling out in a rush. "I... I have something to tell you. Something important."

Keefe's expression softened, his features showing a mix of surprise and intrigue. "What is it, Sophie?" he asked, his voice gentle and encouraging.

And then, in that moment, surrounded by the tranquil beauty of the silent hallways of Foxfire. I poured my heart out to Keefe, confessing my feelings for him, the depth of my emotions laid bare for him to see.

"I... I think I'm in love with you," I blurted out, my cheeks flushing with a mix of embarrassment and longing.

Keefe's POV:

I paced back and forth in my room as the sun painted streaks of golden light across the floor. Today was the day, the day I had been dreading and yearning for in equal measure. The day I planned to confess to Foster, to open up and bare my heart to her. The weight of those unspoken words hung heavy in the air, both exhilarating and terrifying. I took a deep breath, trying to calm the jittering nerves that danced beneath my skin.

The thought of Sophie filled me with a mixture of joy and trepidation. She was like a whirlwind, sweeping into my life and turning everything upside down. Her strength, her kindness, her unwavering determination—it was impossible not to be captivated by her. And yet, the fear of rejection gnawed at the edges of my resolve, whispering doubts in the silence of my mind.

As the day drew to a close, I found myself sitting at my favorite ditching spot. Suddenly I could feel Foster's strong emotions and then suddenly Sophie was beside me, her brown eyes filled with a vulnerability that mirrored my own. Time seemed to stand still as she turned to me; her voice soft yet resolute.

"Hey, Foster," I greeted her, my mischief smirk formed on my lips "Hi Keefe." She says nevously.

She starts walking towards me from the entrance of the hall, I could feel her nervousness rising. "Whoa Foster, what's got you all nervous?" I ask curiously.

She takes a deep breath, she spoke, her words stumbling out in a rush. "I... I have something to tell you. Something important."

I could feel my face expression soften. Feeling a mix of surprise and intrigue. "What is it, Sophie?" I asked, my voice gentle and encouraging.

"I... I think I'm in love with you," she confessed, her words hanging between us like a fragile thread. I felt the world tilt on its axis, my heart pounding in my chest as I searched her gaze for any hint of what lay beneath her words.

In that moment, there was no room for doubt or hesitation. This was my chance, my moment to finally speak the truth that had been burning inside me for so long.

"Sophie," I began, my voice raw with emotion. "I have something to tell you too." I took a deep breath, gathering my courage as I met her gaze with unwavering determination.

"I love you," I whispered, the weight of those three words carrying the weight of a thousand unspoken sentiments. The air crackled with the intensity of our unspoken desires, the unspoken truths that had bound us together in a dance of longing and uncertainty. I couldn't believe I finally uttered those three words to her. I never thought this day would come.

Sophie's eyes widened, a myriad of emotions flickering across her face before settling on a look of awe and disbelief. "Keefe," she breathed, her voice barely a whisper. "I never thought..." She cut herself off and I stood up. 

For a moment, there was silence. I felt like the world had stopped spinning, hanging in limbo between hope and fear. And then, she smiled. A smile that lit up her entire face, making my heart skip a beat. 

And then, before I could react, she ran into my arms, her warmth enveloping me in a cocoon of love and happiness. "I knew it was you that held my heart," she whispered, her voice barely audibles over the din of the empty hallway around us.

I held her close, unable to believe that this moment was real. Sophie. The one person who had seen me at my worst and still chose to stand by me. The one person who made my heart sing with joy. In that moment, all the doubts and fears melted away, leaving only love in their wake.

We stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, the world around us fading into the background. It was just us, two souls intertwined in the dance of love. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, I saw you from across the room. And I've been thinking of a way to come and talk to you
But I got nothing, oh. And nothing to lose. And I really wanna, really wanna, really wanna, really wanna. Get a drink with you. 'Cause I can hardly take my eyes off you. This ain't something I usually do. But I really wanna, really wanna, really wanna dance with you." (Really Wanna Dance With You---New Rules) 

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183