"Intriguing," he smirked, his eyes lighting up, and he murmured, "Does it have anything to do with our going to bed?"

"A little, but not the way you think," she answered, smirking. "Let me get ready real quick and then we'll go downstairs and eat dinner and I'll tell you about it."

"Alright," James said, nodding eagerly. Then, "Ought I to change?"

"No, you're alright," she said, "You look good in those joggers." 

"Yeah?"

"Yes," she flushed.

James grinned.

Lily used her wand to dry her hair and put on a pretty nightgown that hung about halfway down her thighs. It was shimmery and a soft green that brought out the color of her eyes, accented with tiny pearls embroidered along the neckline. James followed after her down the stairs, not sure if he was hungrier for the roast or for Lily herself.

"Oooh did you buy me flowers?" she gasped when she saw the chrysanthemums in the vase on the counter.

James nodded, "I thought of you when I saw them... I'm glad you're feeling better, I've felt sorry for you the last few mornings when you've been sick. Hopefully that stomach bug's passed you by, 'ey?"

Lily raised an eyebrow but didn't answer, instead waving her wand so the roast came out of the oven and set itself atop the stove to settle. James magicked a couple platters from the cupboard and Lily set a couple hunks of bread to warming in the vacated oven, butter melting on and all. James was pouring drinks when there was a funny sound and they both turned 'round to find a pearlescent fox standing in the room behind them.

Jasper Odair's patronus.

Lily burst into the waiting room at St. Mungo's, James right behind her carrying the newly reallocated chrysanthemums in their vase. Kevin, Michael, Nathan and Eli were sitting on the floor, a board game between them on the carpet, and Jasper was pacing the room, his face pale and eyes wide, still wearing the Florean Fortescue's apron and cap, wringing his hands frantically. 

"Jasper!" Lily cried, hurrying over to him and wrapping her arms around him. "We came as soon as we got your patronus!"

"Hey mate," James said, stepping up and patting Jasper on the shoulder.

Jasper's eyes were wild as he looked at them and he said, "I'm going to be a Dad! Again!" he added, catching the boys looking up at him. His voice shook with excitement.

"I know!" James exclaimed and he laughed as Jasper turned to him and gave him a very enthusiastic hug. "Blimey, careful the flowers, Jas!"

"Sorry. Oh they're nice. Are they for Meg?"

"Yes," James answered.

"Mums for the mum!" Jasper laughed, "Very clever!"

"Happy accident, really," James said as Lily laughed.

Jasper's patronus had announced at Meg was on her way to Mungo's to give birth to their long expected twins, and asking if the Potters could come and help him keep an eye on the boys so he could be in the room with Meg during the birth. Of course James and Lily had scrambled to prepare things at the house and get to Mungo's, Lily's plans for the evening forgotten as they rushed to step up to help their friends with their new arrivals.

"How soon? Did they give you any idea?" Lily asked.

"They said they'd be back in a few minutes for me," Jasper answered, voice quavering with excitement. "I was switching out the drums of Forbidden Fudge Chocolate and she suddenly comes into the shop, says she thinks it's time, and lo 'n' behold but her water breaks right on the spot!" Jasper shook his head, incredulous. "Luckily Harry Warbeck happened to be in the shop and I asked him to close it up for me and here we are! I sent the patronus right after we got here - sent one to Hogwarts as well. You reckon someone will run Oliver here for us?"