Prelude

I looked around in the dimly lit room and saw that the sky was starting to turn light outside. I rolled over onto my side and glanced at my phone. 4:38 a.m. Are you kidding me? I had my alarm set for 5 a.m. Why did my life have to be like this?

I groaned internally and I laid back on my bed, trying to stretch myself awake. Now I was definitely not getting at least 6 hours of sleep. I sat up quietly so that I would not wake my other sisters. I knew exactly which footboards to step on to make the least amount of noise, so I tiptoed into the bathroom without causing the slightest disturbance. After reaching the bathroom, I got undressed and grabbed a shower. While other people have the time and relaxation of shower thoughts, I was just trying to mentally prepare myself for the day ahead. After drying off and wiping the condensation from the mirror, I gripped the edge of the sink and looked at myself.

I looked at my facial creases in the mirror. Stress was wearing my body down physically. There were bags under my eyes. My face didn't have that healthy and vibrant glow like others did. I sighed in exasperation and I brushed my sloppy hair. After deciding to put it up in a bun, I slipped on a pair of cargo pants, a long sleeve top, and a decorative scarf.

I got out just in time to hear everyone's alarms going off simultaneously. I flipped all of the house lights on so that no one tripped. Yep, this is the standard for the overachieving nice person that society placed on me. As life was thrown into my hands, I took it and I never complained...at least not out loud.

Bunny's Note: 🐇
Here is a small prelude to the story. Have fun reading!

Two For Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें