𝟎𝟎𝟏. not a psychic!

Börja om från början

By the time she got to Merlotte's and parked her car, she had applied the finishing touches to her caked face with just some pink lip gloss, quickly getting out of the car and hurrying into the bar and grill that was bustling with people.

Rory spotted Sam behind the bar as he noticed her walking in, lips parted as if to claim she was late and scold her but she beat him to the bunch.

"Yes, I know, I know I'm late!" Rory apologized in a rush as she walked around the bar to where Sam began to lean over it. "It was another migraine, sorry."

"Just get to work." Sam rolled his eyes playfully as he waved her off with his hand. She sent him a smile before running to the back room to get her apron and set her bag into her cubby. She heard Sam call out form behind her but she was already in the back. "Don't make this an everyday thing, Rory!"

Sam loved the girl like his sister, but lately, her late attendance was beginning to become consistent. Her migraines have never acted up as much as they are now, and Rory used that as the excuse to why she was late, which wasn't entirely wrong. He can't just keep letting her off the hook because they were close, he was her boss, he had to show his other employees she would receive the same punishments as them.

As Rory tired her apron around her waist and shoved her notepad and pencil into the pocket, she almost ran into her little sister that was carrying a plate fresh out from the kitchen.

Sookie appeared surprise she was seeing Rory, but a smile graced her lips. "There you are! I thought you'd never show up to work, you were out like a light all day!"

Rory scrambled as Sookie followed her out of the back and back into the bar. "My alarm never went off."

"Never went off, or you just didn't hear it?" Most would think Sookie was trying to make her sister laugh, but her eyebrows were pinched together in worry. When Rory remained silent, she was given her answer and Sookie sighed out. "I'm starting to get worried, Rors, your migraines have never gotten this bad before."

"I'm fine, Sookie. At least they block people's thoughts from my head."

"I don't wanna say it, but, you're lucky in that department, you don't need to hear the vile things people are saying today." Sookie exclaimed, eyes wide in disbelief at the dirty things going through people's minds. Seeing the sour look she was given from Rory, she rushed to elaborate. "I mean, not that you're getting off easy, because you definitely are not, I'm just saying..."

"I gotta get to work before Sam busts my ass again." Rory laughed at her sister's rambling that made the girl blush when she was cut off. Rory grabbed her notepad and pencil and headed to a booth that people just sat down in, she put on her best poker face and welcoming smile. It was three men. "Hiya folks, what can I get for ya?"

She clicked on that southern belle charm everyone said she did best at. Her walls came down and instead of the usual whispers, it was the inner voices of the men's thoughts as one in a red cap glanced her up and down with hunger lingering into his eyes.

If you're on the menu, I'll have you. Damn, look at those tits, I'd love to just rub my face in them honkers...

Rory bit her lip to push her power of reading minds away and not to snap at the inappropriate things the man was thinking. Another man at the table looked up at her after reading the menu.