˗ˏˋ25: Biana'ˎ˗

I was tired beyond belief after the Moonlark and Techno concert, but I still got myself up on Saturday morning to go to volleyball practice. It was honestly a miracle that I could even walk, considering the fact that I wore heels the entire time. Good thing I've been conditioning myself to wear them since I was born.

I got ready, going through my skincare, putting bits of concealer on my dark circles, then of course my mascara and lip gloss. This is volleyball, basically the same thing as a fashion show. Plus, you never know when you might end up filmed, and you never want a bad picture of you circling the internet. Once in my life is enough, thank you.

The sun was just rising when I got there. I saw Sophie sitting in her car, leaned up against the window (definitely not sleeping) so I knocked on it to get her to walk in with me. She bolted up (not helping the fact that she wasn't asleep) and looked rapidly from side to side until finally noticing me. She rubbed her eyes, grabbed her bag, and fell out the door and onto the concrete right in front of me, all while I was trying to contain my laughter. No I wasn't, I was snorting so loud-

The very graceful blonde scrambled up, but in a slow, groggy way. She pulled her hair out of the messy bun it was in (couldn't even really be called a messy bun with the way there was all of two hairs in the hair tie) and somehow slicked it back into a low pony that was messy in a cute way, the type that I spend hours trying to do. She pulled her bag out of her car and slammed the door, hitting the lock button on her key five times even when it locked the first time.

By the time we got in, got ready, and went down to the courts, practice was about to start. Sophie gave me a hug, which I almost pushed her away when she did. I didn't want her to hug me, I wanted to get on a good team. Then she comes in here, Little Miss perfect new girl, and she gets the second best team in all the age ranges! It wasn't fair, and how did she even do it? How was she good at everything? I despised it. She had two guys fawning over her, became immediate friends with everyone (including Stina!), was pretty, she's in tons of activities, and she got one of the best volleyball teams in the club, arguably even in the country. It didn't even sound real.

And why couldn't I be that girl? The perfect, unreal one. The girl that got everything right.

"Vacker!" The coach yelled and I immediately snapped out of my thoughts. A girl next to me, around fourteen, snickered. I flipped her off when the coach turned around.

During practice, we did so many easy drills, working on ball control and proper form for attacks. Hated to tell them, but I already knew all of that, I could do approaches and blocks with my eyes closed. I still put in my all, though, hoping they'd see what they missed.

I looked down the courts and saw right as Sophie dug a middle attack, sending it perfectly to Rayni, who then set it beautifully to whoever the outside hitter was. It could've been me. She even looked like me from behind, long brown hair, tall, lean figure. I imagined her being me, being on the same team as my friends, being considered just as good as them.

According to the coaches and their decisions, I wasn't even close to their level. But they were wrong and I had to prove it.

For the rest of practice I gave it my all, not getting distracted, or even tired because of the easy drills I had been doing all my life.

At the end of practice, we were getting our jerseys. Each team's jersey corresponded with the color, and I knew it was going to be over when they passed me my purple jersey. I'd be stuck on that team with those snotty hardly even teenagers, listening to them laugh at me behind my back and make fun of me, the seventeen year old that got stuck on a team with them. I was going to be carrying that team, given that I was on Green, four teams up, in the fall season.