"Listen, Oki," South says finally, his voice firm and resolute. "I'm coming to find you. Just stay where you are, okay? We'll figure this out together."

Tears prick at the corners of my eyes as I listen to South's words, his unwavering support a beacon of hope in the darkness. For the first time in what feels like an eternity, I allow myself to hope – hope for a future where I am free from the chains of my past, where I can carve out a path for myself, guided by the love and support of those who care for me.

"Thank you, South," I whisper, my voice choked with emotion. "I'll be waiting."

The crunching footsteps against foliage grows louder as South approaches me. When he spots me standing by, he rushes over and traps me in a hug. "Oki, please don't scare me like that."

As South's footsteps draw nearer, the tension in my body eases, replaced by a sense of relief at his arrival. When he finally reaches me and wraps me in his arms, I feel a rush of warmth flood through me, dispelling the cold grip of fear that had taken hold of me.

"I'm sorry, South," I murmur, my voice muffled against his chest as I cling to him. "I didn't mean to worry you."

South holds me tighter, his embrace a reassuring anchor in the midst of my turmoil. "I'm just glad you're safe," he says softly, his words a soothing balm to my frayed nerves.

We stand there for a moment, the sounds of the forest surrounding us like a protective cocoon. "Australia already got picked up. He's okay now." South said, taking my hand to get out of the forest. We arrive at the parking lot and get in the car, deserting the school.

The drive home is silent except for South's k-pop playlist hanging in the background. As we drive home in silence, the rhythmic beats of South's k-pop playlist provide a comforting backdrop to the whirlwind of emotions swirling inside me. I stare out the window, watching the landscape blur by, lost in my thoughts.

Australia's tear-streaked face flashes before my eyes, and I can't shake the guilt that gnaws at my insides. Did I do the right thing by running away? Should I have stayed and faced whatever awaited me? But then, the memory of my father's cruel words resurfaces, causing me to second-guess myself.

Lost in my internal turmoil, I barely notice when we pull into the driveway of our house. South turns off the car engine, and the sudden silence jolts me out of my reverie. I glance over at him, grateful for his presence beside me.

"Thanks for coming to find me, South," I say softly, my voice barely above a whisper.

He turns to me, his eyes filled with concern. "Of course, Oki," he replies, squeezing my hand reassuringly. "I'll always be here for you."

I manage a weak smile, feeling a surge of gratitude for my brother's unwavering support. With South by my side, I know that I can face whatever challenges lie ahead, no matter how daunting they may seem.

Together, we step out of the car and head inside, leaving behind the shadows of the forest and stepping into the warmth and safety of our home. And as I close the door behind me, I feel a glimmer of hope flicker within me – a reminder that even in the darkest of times, there is always light to be found, if only we have the courage to seek it.

I go to my room and change clothes. After that, I sit in bed with Habu Babu, his hissing a gentle backdrop to the stillness of my room. I sigh and open my phone. I owe Australia an apology.

IEatSeaGlass4Fun: "Aussie?"

DemonChild: "Yeah?"

IEatSeaGlass4Fun: "I love you. I really do."