Chapter 12: Is This a Date?!

Start from the beginning

Reeka nodded. "She's been a role model for me, and always cheers me up whenever I'm sad. I hope I can be like her someday."

"So does that mean your dream is to become the next Kalos Queen?" Jaydin asked.

Reeka thought about it, before finally speaking. "I don't think so. I'm actually not entirely sure what my dream is. At the very least, I want to be someone who inspires others the same way Serena does."

Jaydin looked at her with amazement. He smiled. "I think that alone is a great dream to have."

Reeka turned to him with an intrigued look on her face. "W-Why do you say that?"

"Well, the fact that you want to inspire others shows you want to improve yourself as well." He looked at the ocean again. "I think, the biggest kind of inspiration, is working hard to improve ourselves, and becoming more than we thought we could be. I think that's something both Ash and Serena achieved, which explains why people like us are inspired by them. Does that make sense?" Jaydin said, turning to her at the end.

Reeka blushed at his words. She smiled after he asked his question. "It does, and you're right." There was another brief pause. "So...w-what's your dream?"

Jaydin smiled. "My dream is...to become the next World Monarch. I'm gonna keep getting stronger and keep having fun with all the people and Pokemon I care about."

Reeka stared at him with awe. It was amazing that Jaydin already had a clear goal, while she was still unsure of hers.

"And don't worry about your dream, I'm sure you'll realize it someday" Jaydin said with a reassuring smile.

Reeka let out a breath as her blush intensified. She looked away to hide her embarrassed face.

"Y-You inspire me Jaydin..." she whispered.

Jaydin looked at her. "Hm? Did you say something?"

Reeka straightened up as she let out a muffled grunt. "N-N-No I didn't! Ah haha! N-Nothing at all!"

Jaydin titled his head in confusion. "Well, if you say so."

Reeka let out a sigh of relief. They all decided to head back to the dorm.

As the day turned into the evening, everyone on the floor decided to hang out in the lounge on their floor. The human girls were together, chatting about typical girl conversations.

"Girl, check out where me and my boyfriend went to yesterday!" Megan said with excitement.

She showed the girls a picture of her and her boyfriend in front of Hau'oli City Game Corner.

"That's the famous Game Corner in Hau'oli City right? I thought you didn't like video games" Nori said.

"Not initially, but my boyfriend kept insisting so I finally caved and tried playing his favorite games and I actually started to enjoy them" Megan explained.

"My boyfriend is like that too, he likes the same kind of supernatural anime I do and actually got me hooked on his favorites. He and Nori are actually siblings, which is how we ended up meeting and falling in love" Ameri explained, blushing at the last part.

"He was so clueless about his feelings towards you, I actually had to spell it out for him. But luckily I had help from a couple of his other friends to help ask you out" Nori explained.

"I was worried he liked that girl but I was really happy that he asked me out" Ameri said.

"Nah, he only saw her as a best friend, he always only had eyes for you" Nori reassured her. 'Plus she was a little too wild anyway, and his other best friend seemed to simp for him too...' she thought with a sweatdrop.