Chapter 1 🌶️

Tongue dexterity, Adrián believed, was an art worth cultivating

Tongue dexterity, Adrián believed, was an art worth cultivating. However, his meaning of dexterity had little to do with eloquence or communicating.

The rhythmic gallop of distant horses caused him to pause, his attention momentarily drifting from the savory exploration of a beautifully contoured landscape, marked by a navel that crossed the path his nimble appendage had taken from the twin peaks he had tenderly ravished moments before.

"Don't stop now, Adrián. I was just about to—" she giggled, a suggestive lilt in her voice hinting at unspoken delights.

The clatter of fast-moving horses stopping further broke the mood.

"Surround the inn!" The command barked with authority, completely shattering the intimate spell. "Ensure no one leaves before being inspected by me."

"I'll make that son of a whore pay!" The angry voice continued.

Adrián's heart clamored for escape. The thrill of forbidden pleasure rapidly receding, evidenced by his diminished physical prowess, now that his discovery was imminent. If only he had known that girl was the Captain's daughter. But still to chase him a whole fifty leagues.

"Do whatever it takes to capture him, but I want him alive!" Well, that was a relief. Alive meant he could use his second-best weapon if caught. He looked at his crotch. You're the first, don't get jealous.

Adrian's trousers were now back on, and he was working on his left boot when he heard the door to the adjoining room burst open. The window, down to the courtyard, and into the rain barrel. Better wet than dead.

"I'll pay my debt the next time I pass by, my beautiful Lucinda," he said to the girl who still lay naked on the bed while pointing to her nether region.

If there was a next time. Have to think positively! For the hundredth time, he swore not to get involved with these silly town girls.

As Adrián quickly dresses, a fleeting thought crosses his mind—another reminder of the perils of entanglement, much like the Baron's niece's debacle.

He still couldn't show himself in the Alcázar Barony three years later. Some lessons his weapon refused to learn. Which was a shame because there was a tavern with the best ale in the country and Carmen. I miss Carmen and her ampleconcentrate!

He willed his hands to move faster. His heart raced. He glanced at the window and caught sight of his lute.

"Keep the lute, Love, as a token of the passion we share," he told her.

I'll get another one in the next town. He'd have to do a little gambling first to have the funds, but he was confident in his skills at dice.

He should have kept going, but missing a night with Lucinda was a crime in itself. And he hated committing crimes of that sort.