Derek finally let Stiles go, only to start running at the Kanima. Before I could figure out what he was doing Peter was there as well, both of them cornering the Kanima as they stabbed him in the stomach with their claws on either side of him.

Lydia, who had been standing right there, let out an ear-piercing shriek. As one Derek and Peter let him go, the teenager falling to the floor with a thud. All the scales started disappearing from his skin until he was just a normal boy again.

Lydia went on her knees, cradling his head as she sobbed quietly. Jackson, eyes half lidded, looked at Lydia.

"Do you- do you still-"

"I do," Lydia answered immediately. "I do still love you."

And, with something nice to think about, Jackson finally closed his eyes and didn't open them again. The key in his hand fell to the floor with a clang. I leaned into Isaac, the boy wrapping his arms tighter around my waist, pressing his chin onto my shoulder.

Lydia slowly let go of Jackson, gently laying him on the ground.

"Where's Gerard?" Allison asked, bringing us out of our grief.

I looked around but he was no-where to be seen, his jacket discarded among the piles of black liquid he'd vomited.

"He can't be far," Chris said.

Lydia slowly stood up, tears staining her face as she turned away from Jackson's lifeless body. She looked at us, a sort of empty look in her eyes, and just stood there. She didn't cry anymore, didn't even ask what happened. She just stood there.

That was until Jackson's claw moved slightly. It was so subtle no one would have seen it, if it wasn't accompanied by the quiet grating of the claw on concrete. Lydia turned around as we watched Jackson slowly get upright, no more scales or tails, yet there was something different about him. He was still... supernatural.

When he roared, I realised why. He was reborn as a werewolf. Jackson was a werewolf. He was alive. No more Kanima.

He looked at Lydia, a scared vulnerability on his face you didn't often see with Jackson. All it took was his whispered, "Lydia," for the red head to run into his arms, an embrace that the rest of us felt almost uncomfortable watching because it was so intimate.

I leaned my head on Isaac's shoulder and gently kissed it. I still wasn't 100% sure where I stood with him, but seeing him hurt, seeing Allison try to kill him, I realised I'd rather have him in my life than out of it.

It was a few days after the attack. I was in Allison's room, by the doorway, the girl sitting on her bed looking at the ground.

Chris had invited me to live here again, claiming it would be too empty without me. I hadn't accepted yet, but I did come to scope out the situation.

"Listen, Y/n... I'm sorry," Allison said. "I wasn't- I shouldn't have hurt Isaac like that. I knew it would hurt you, which was why I did it, because I was so upset that you left but... I get why you did. I wouldn't have wanted to be around me either."

I frowned at her words, taking a few steps forward. "You know I didn't want to leave you, right Allison? I love you, even after everything. You're like my sister. I only left because I couldn't stand being around Gerard, and honestly I was scared what he might have done if he realised I was no longer on his side."

Allison nodded her head silently, fidgeting with her hands. "Still.... I'm sorry."

I sat down on the bed next to her, grabbing one of her hands. "Me too. I went a little bat shit crazy on you at the warehouse. I just let myself go and if Isaac hadn't stopped me- well, let's just say I still have a lot to learn about control."

Allison let out a small laugh and finally looked up at me. "So are we.... Okay?"

I smiled and nodded. "We're okay."

She moved forward and wrapped me into a hug, one I returned. It was comforting, being able to hold her again.

"Please stay," she murmured into my hair. "I don't want it to be quiet here."

I held her tightly. "Of course I'll stay."

We stayed like that a while longer, just holding one another, before eventually we pulled away. The air was cleared between us however, and I could tell we were both grateful for that fact. We'd need each other in the days to come, recuperating and moving on from what happened.

I eventually left her room, walking into my own.

That's when I found Isaac.

"Isaac?" I asked, the boy turning around from where he'd been staring out my window. "What are you doing here?"

Isaac swallowed thickly before answering. "Listen, Y/n. I know I hurt you, and I know you don't trust me yet but I just came here to-"

I didn't let him finish, moving for him until I had my arms around his neck and my lips pressed against his. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me like I was fragile. One of his hands moved up to brush my cheek, and he pulled away so he could stare into my eyes, adoration present in his gaze.

"You're right. Interrupting you with a kiss is fun," I said.

Isaac laughed at me. "I hope this means I'm forgiven?"

I smiled softly. "You're forgiven."

Isaac grinned, going so far as to fist pump the air. It was my turn to laugh at him. "Seriously though, what are you doing here?"

Isaac turned shy, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, I actually had this whole speech planned to convince you to forgive me but it seems my charm did it for me." I rolled my eyes at him and he smiled. "I did spend hours on that speech though."

"I do forgive you Isaac. I was confused and hurt, and everything was happening all at once I had no time to sort out my thoughts and feelings. Now that everything's over and I can think clearly, I can tell you didn't mean to hurt me, that not everything was fake."

Isaac cupped my face with his hands. "Nothing was fake, Y/n. I loved spending time with you. I loved being near you, and talking to you, and touching you. None of that was fake. I fell for you, and I fell hard, and that was all real."

I kissed him again after that, feeling too much to put into words. Isaac seemed to catch the gist of it though, because he kissed me just as desperately, telling me everything he needed to say that words couldn't explain.

"Now that everything's over, what does that mean for us?" Isaac asked me quietly.

I looked up at him and smiled. "It means we can be us now. No witch, no werewolf, no sides. Just us."

A/N:

this is officially the end of just us. i honestly had SO much fun writing it, and i hoped you had just as much reading it. thank you to everyone who voted and commented on the story, it means the world <3

see you in another story <3