Chapter 26: Crazy.

Start from the beginning

"yes ma'am" i spit out and hung up before she could say anymore.

i got up from my chair and grabbed my clip board just in case and made my way to her office which wasnt far.

jed passed by saying hi to which i unenthusiastically replied back to. i'd explain to him later.

knocking on the door i waited patiently for my boss to answer. once she did i entered the room but didnt shut the door.

"could you.." she pointed back to it. i begrudgingly shut the door.

"babe-"

"veronica" i corrected. she looked at me confused. "im your employee. you can call me veronica at work" my voice was sharp and vague.

yes, i was in fact being petty.

the way she talked to me this morning still hit a nerve in me that i couldnt shake.

"babe," maven swiped a growing hair from her face and looked at me pointedly. "dont act like that with me"

"you were acting like it first. you dont like when energy is returned do you?"

"i had a terrible start to my morning. i didnt mean to be so quip with you, okay?" the apologetic tone made my shell hesitantly crack. "can i get a kiss.. please?"

i broke.

grouchly, i walked over and set the clipboard down on her desk.

i pressed a kiss into her lips but didnt let it linger for long.

"dont you-"

a knock at the door interrupted my words. i rose a brow. "expecting someone?"

maven shook her head with confusion. "i shouldnt be, i dont have a meeting until later"

the person on the other end impatiently knocked again. i walked over to open it except as soon as i did i was pushed to the side making me stumble.

i barely caught my balance as i looked up, flabbergasted as to what the fuck just happened.

my eyes caught on to chest nut hair as it swayed down to mid back of the tall woman.

she had on a skirt that stopped at her knees show casing her creamy white legs that went down into her black stilettos. her white shirt was pulled out in the back.

"maven was is this?" her voice had a slight rasp to it as she held up her phone between the red manicured finger nails.

when i blinked i came back to my senses and shut the office door. her voice sounded... familiar.

maven shot up from her seat looking nervous as she glanced at me then to the girl.

"camilia what are you doing here?" her eyes was still watching me as i walked back over.

"im trying to figure out what this madness is. you texted me saying its over. why?" she demanded.

"excuse me-"

the hard glare the woman threw at me made me recoil but then it suddenly clicked into place as to who she was.

she was the woman who maven fucked and i got trapped into the room with.

•FLASHBACK•

is this why she canceled her meeting? for a mid-day booty call? thats very unprofessional.

"i thought i told you you cant just notify me two hours before you arrive hm?" that was my boss voice. i never heard it sound so... husky... raspy. "i told you to give me a twenty-four hour notice"

the other woman let out a very girly giggle. "i cant help myself when it comes to you.." her voice trailed off and kissing sounds took place into the air.

i squeezed my eyes tight not knowing what to do.

•FLASHBACK OVER•

"what do you want?" she snapped at me.

"you cant just come in here.."

"dont tell me what i can and cant do. who even are you?"

"camilia!" maven shouted but not too loud as to draw attention from outside the office. the woman known as camilia snapped back to face maven. "dont come in my office speaking to anyone any kind of way. what is this about?!"

"your dumb message! what do you mean 'we are over' nothing is over, it cant be!"

God does maven dick really have her acting like a crazed woman? its just a stick of meat no way can it be this addictive..

"it says what it means. get out of my office with this. bringing this drama to my work place, how dare you?"

"you'll regret this" camilia gritted out, gripping her phone tighter i feared it wouldve cracked.

"no, you will. try anything against me or my girlfriend and i swear to all the Gods everything and everyone in your life will be gone in the snap of a finger"

that was kind of hot-

"girlfriend?" camilia staggered back.

maven's eyes flickered over to me. i tilted my head up higher, fixing my back straight and walking over to her side.

i felt camilia heated gaze trace my form making me smirk.

"yes, girlfriend" i confirmed mockingly.

the feeling of maven's hand feel its way from my back, around my waist and to settle in the middle of my stomach made a shiver crawl up my spine.

"now go" maven commanded. "dont ever return here and tell all your friends that too. you all are cut off"

camilia didnt know what to do besides look dumb. she sent me a glare full of hatred before storming out of the office, slamming the door shut.

"all of her friends? God you really were a slut.." i commented to erase the thick tension left behind in the air.

"we performed an orgy" at my shocked face, maven looked embarrassed as she sat down. "we were drunk ok..."

i hummed. "is that why you were mad this morning? one of your bitches was blowing up your phone?"

"none of them are my bitches, not anymore. but yes, a lot of them were mad i unexpectedly sent the message its over. later today i will be changing my number also"

"thank you, baby" i grabbed her chin and pulled her in for a kiss, one longer than earlier.

"you shouldnt have to thank me. i'd do anything for you"

"aht dont get too excited now" i tapped her chin. "that little thing that just happened comes with punishment. you took too long to announce i was your girlfriend" i smiled tantalizingly.

[what skin color do yall imagine veronica, harley & maven as?]