#19 - A better deal

Start from the beginning

Y/N: What's a peerage?

Rias: Think of it like a group of real-life chess pieces and I'm the king. Everyone gets special buffs for being a certain chess piece.

Y/N: So how do I become part of this 'peerage'?

Rias: Well you have to die first and be reincarnated.

Y/N: You can certainly try but I doubt you can do that. I can't stay dead.

Rias: Yes I've noticed. Though you do have a few seconds when you're dead and your body is here. Is there a way you can delay it so the ritual can happen?

Y/N: *thinking* Well I can speed up the time it takes to revive but I haven't tried to delay it.

Standing up, I walk up to Rias and hold out my hand

Y/N: Well then. Let's not waste any more time.

She looks down at my hand and cautiously takes it, shaking it and sealing our deal. I smile at her and take out my pistol MKII, blowing my brains all over their ceiling.

As my POV went above my dead body I saw them all staring in shock, various expressions on their faces. Koneko is seen holding back tears; paralyzed from said shock. Issei doesn't seem to care and Akeno seems to share the same expression but her body language says another thing. Rias is left mouth ajar as she stares. Finally, Kiba looks away from my body.

My vision suddenly goes black; a moment later I see that I'm outside the building, opposite side of where I left my bike. I just begin to walk inside slightly annoyed that they just stood there.

As I push the door open they all look towards me Rias being the first one to act.

Rias: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?

Y/N: Did I not say "Let's not waste any more time?"

Rias: W-Well yeah but WE WEREN'T READY.

Y/N: Alright Alright. No need to tell. I'll wait for y'all to prepare.

I walk over to the couch and plop down. Not caring if I was allowed to or not. Besides who's gonna stop me? After messing around on my phone for a few seconds Akeno approached me.

Akeno: So is it true? Are you going to join Rias's peerage?

Glancing up from my phone I set it down on my lap and look her in the eyes

Y/N: I guess so. I just hope that the rewards truly are worth it. Either way, it's a thing that I can do to kill time. I don't need the money.

Akeno: Oh~ And why's that?

Y/N: Doesn't matter right now. Besides, I think everyone else is just about ready.

I finish my sentence while turning my head to face the rest of the group finally looking over at me and Akeno. She seems to notice and backs off a bit, allowing me to get up and walk towards them.

Y/N: So what do I gotta do?

Rias: Just do the same thing you did earlier, this time try and delay your "revival" by a bit.

Y/N: Whatever you say, boss.

I say in a goofy voice as I fake salute her and take out my pistol again.

I look at her face.

BANG

I'm back in the void. The emptiness is revolting. I can feel hundreds of eyes staring at me, yet, there's nothing there. The lack of stimulation is unbearable. My mind is on fire trying to do something. I see something moving in the distance it's darker than the void itself, and I see its slithering mass off in the distance. It's studying me. It opens its mouth to speak when my mind is filled with static, and my body feels like it's being filleted.

I'm suddenly blinded by a bright light overtaking my vision, blinking, I notice I'm in a bed; I rub my eyes trying to force the drowsiness away. Looking over to my right I see Rias lying next to me. I start to sit up confused and because the blanket got shifted it exposed her sleeping figure.

Y/N: HOLY SHIT WHY IS SHE NAKED?!

Rias POV

Rias: I see you're finally awake.

I look at (Y/N) while leaning on my left arm, propping myself up. He seems lost in thought just staring down at me. Looking at him this close without his gear on I can finally see how attractive he is. His (e/c) eyes stare at me searching for something. They're like a separate universe that is there for me to explore and get lost in. That (h/c) hair of his defines his facial features. His (s/c) skin reflects the early morning rays beautifully. If the circumstances were different I wouldn't mind dating him.

Rias: I have good and bad news. The good news is that the reincarnation worked for the most part.

Y/N: For the most part? What does that mean?

Rias: The bad news is since you keep coming back to life the ritual didn't finish. So you won't have access to most of our magic items.

Y/N: *sigh* So this entire endeavor was for nothing?

As Y/N finished his sentence he stood up and began to walk away.

Rias: NO! NOT AT ALL! You can still learn some magic but things like magic circles are iffy. We need to test it out.

Y/N: Alright well put some clothes on. I'm not sure if you've noticed but you're naked.

I looked down and pretended that I didn't know that I was. The cold morning breeze already told me that a while ago.

Rias: Is that a problem for you?

Y/N: I was just pointing it out.

He then walks outside to do who knows what.

Rias: He is really handsome. No wonder Koneko likes him.

Starting to get into the romance part of the story now. Not much to say tbh. I'll see you all later idk.

MM/DD/YY
4/11/24
2:45 AM
1625 words