⟣Chapter 16

⟣•16•⟢
: THIS IS REALLY A MISUNDERSTANDING

• • •
From Leo’s tone, he was extremely dissatisfied, especially when he thought of Ren’s physical condition, he was even more furious.

Ren rubbed his forehead and sighed, “There are lesser guides nowadays, and they are getting more and more delicate. Even a fall will get the people in Golden Tower very nervous, what more to stimulate their spiritual state. That will probably kill them.”

Leo turned to Ren and looked worried, “Since the guide is useless, how about the medicine from the Association of Pharmacists?”

Ren smiled bitterly, “I have used 2 types of Level A potions for many years, and the effect is getting worse and worse.”

“Try this,” Leo thought for a moment and took out the mid-grade healing pill. “The ingredients are Chinese medicine, which is harmless to people.” Sentinel has a well-developed sense of smell. When Leo got the pills, he could judge the approximate ingredients based on the taste.

Ren took the pill and examined it. He could smell a burst of clear scent from it. Ren said in surprise, “The smell of a guide’s pheromone.”

Leo nodded. Ren did not hesitate and swallow the pill. After half a minute, Ren sat upright and looked serious, “Although it’s not very obvious, my spiritual state that was originally on the edge of zoning has stabilized.” There is excitement in his voice as he asked, “The effect is good and quick. Where did the medicine come from?”

Leo pointed to Xiào Mu, “He bought it. The seller should be a high-level guide who is not in the Golden Tower’s record.”

Xiào Mu quickly sat upright, ready to answer Ren’s question.

As expected, Ren asked him carefully about the process of buying the medicine, and Xiào Mu repeated what he had said to Leo. After speaking, he looked regretful, “I didn’t know he was a guide. If I knew, I would definitely ask for his contact information.”

Ren: “It’s not your fault, who would have thought that there would be a guide who walking around the streets alone!”

Xiào Mu smiled. Suddenly, his smile stiffened, and he blinked quickly as he stared at the red and blue strips on top of Ren’s head. The red bar listed some figures like 1900/9200 Level S, and the blue bar is 8900/9000 Level S. Before this, he had clearly seen his own red and blue bars, and everyone else that he could only see the total value, not the remaining value. To double-check, Xiào Mu turned his head to look at Leo. His red bar is 9,000 Level S, the blue bar is 9,000 Level S. It is indeed showing only the total value. Is it because Ren ate his medicine?

“What are you looking at?” Leo noticed that Xiào Mu’s expression was different and frowned. Then he humphed and said, “Just now you stared at the guide, and now you are staring at me. You really are fickle.” Leo paused, showing a thoughtful expression, and continued after a while, “There is an old saying called ‘Watery poplar flower/水性杨花’1, it should be referring to people like you, right?”

Xiào Mu’s mouth twitched, and solemnly proposed, “Major General Leo, you may not be suitable for reading ancient books. Please read lesser in the future.”

Leo glanced at Xiào Mu, his eyes sharp, “Are you saying I used the wrong words?”

That gaze looked like if Xiào Mu dares to nod his head, Leo will definitely give him a lesson. Xiào Mu forced a faint smile, “No, I am impressed by your usage of old sayings. Moreover, you have misunderstood. I was staring at the guide just because it’s my first time seeing a guide and I was curious.”

“Then why are you looking at me?” Leo lightly snorted, “I already said you like me, but you don’t want to admit it. Then you like to look at me whenever there’s a chance. You’d better keep it to yourself. I hate being stared at.”