άνοιξη . 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰: 𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚

Start from the beginning

𝗔𝘄𝘄, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗵𝗮𝗵𝗮. 𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗾𝘂𝗲. 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗲𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗮𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗱𝗱 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝘃𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀! 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱, 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗮 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝘂𝗽𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻𝘀. 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗶𝘁?
𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝗜 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗜 𝗷𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗰𝘂𝗽𝘀. 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝘀𝗺𝗼𝗼𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀? 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿?
For the first question, I just trust myself and the community and go with the flow. Sometimes I face obstacles, sometimes I do not. I think it is due to the fact that I have much experience, the obstacles don't faze me anymore and I am able to handle it smoothly, whether it be a conflict with a participant, judge or other members of the community or a conflict between them.
Thank you so much for the compliment <3 Once again, the smooth sailing is ensured because of the experience I have. At least, I tend to believe that. When I was a beginner in hosting awards, I got into a few troubles and confusions as well but experience has blurred those flaws out now. As for the dos and don'ts, it's basically write the procedure and rules and guidelines of your award shows well, so that the participants and judges don't have confusions later. Develop the habit of straightforwardly saying something to a particularly rude participant or judge, explain everything politely and patiently to the participants and judges asking questions, no matter how many times they do, and keep in check that the rules are being followed. Also, I believe having a tentative schedule in awards attract more participants and judges, since they can know when to expect the results or official lists and all. Not just having a schedule, but also following them should be strictly done. At last, as they say, "communication is the key". If you are going on a hiatus, then inform your participants and judges by posting an announcement in the award book or message board because particularly, if you suddenly disappear without any information, it may give the impression of you abandoning the awards.
P.S. This is completely my opinion and I do not mean to offend anyone but speaking from experience, the awards which have "less payments" to do, there more participants and judges join. For example, in the award show that I am currently hosting, Celestia Cove Awards 2024, the payment is simply a permanent follow to the judges. There is no payment for following the community, head or any other member. Because I feel like there was no need to as after all I am doing this to help the writers and for not gaining followers for the community. If the participants and judges want, they will follow the community on their own. But of course, I keep in check whether the participants are following the judges and if they don't, I eliminate them after a certain time period.