"How do I get home?" I change the topic.

"Oh, you can't. Not until you complete what you came here for at least. That's why the portal appeared where you were, why it brought you to us. You were meant to come here. You were brought here for a purpose, Odette." Astrid states. Looking at me with a smile.

"Then what am I meant to do? Why did you bring me here?" I look at them, a bit concerned when all of their faces light up simultaneously.

"Well, I think there's something." Charles looks between the group, a smirk spread across his face.
________________________________

The meeting room feels colder than last time, but not because of the early evening breeze, the pool in the middle glows as we gather around it, swirling around in a cautious manner.

"Now, you need to think of exactly where you want to be dropped. Just think of what we told you." Astrid instructs.

"Yeah, the caverns." I answer.

"More specifically?" She asks.

I try and remember the name, it had something to do with blood I think?

"Uh, blood, blood um-"

"Bloodthorn's crypt." She reminds me.

"Yes! That one." I shout. Pointing at her and smiling.

"Okay, now you can't forget that okay? And when you jump in, your gonna keep falling until you hit the ground. So, I suggest taking off the heels." Eden points out from behind me.

I nod my head and stand up, sliding the heels off, letting my bare feet rest on the cold stone, my shoes dangle in my hands as I turn to everyone.

"Now, what exactly am I doing once I get there?" I ask them.

Zahra smiles, before replying.

"You'll be meeting Mattheo." She answers. Something about her smile throws me off. My stomach sinks.

"What? But you guys said earlier-"

"Oh, nevermind what we said earlier, he won't hurt you. Unless you give him a reason to, that is. Now, all you need to do. Is see how he is doing. It won't take more than a minute."

Astrid begins to shoo me towards the pool, the closer I get to the edge, the more frightened I get.

"No! No, I can't. You can't make me! Please don't make me do this."

"You want to go home, right?" Rowan asks, a knowing look on his face.

He knows what he's doing. They all do.

"..Yes." I finally answer after a moment.

"Then you'll do as we say. Now, jump." Leon smirks.

I turn my head to look over my shoulder  at the pool directly behind me.

All it takes is one step.

So I take it.

I immediately feel myself being consumed by water, but I don't feel wet. And I can breathe. I don't feel like I'm dropping at first, more like floating. But then, as soon as it started. The feeling of falling from the sky becomes familiar. I'm doing flips as I fall, screaming until I feel cold water grasping me in a dark, soulless hug.

I can't see anything at first, but as I look up to where I just came from, a shadow comes into view. I try and swim, but I can't move anything. Limbs, frozen, shoes, long gone. My eyes start to feel heavy, but right before I slip into unconsciousness, I feel a very strong grip on my waist, pulling me through the water.
________________________________