"Trust me, it's going to be fun," Jason assures me.

"Alright, if you say so. Send me the address."

"Wonderful. See you soon," he says before hanging up.

I head over to my closet, racking my brain for something to wear. After rummaging through my closet, I finally settle on a cropped halter top that features a necktie and a plunging neckline. Completed with a high-waisted bodycon mini skirt adorned with ruched detailing at both sides. The fabric clings to my curves, accentuating every curve and contour. I know it's a bold choice, but I want to feel confident and free tonight. With one last glance in the mirror, I adjust my hair and makeup, ensuring everything is perfect, before stepping out the door with my Jean jacket over my outfit.

Arriving at the club's address, I hand the bouncer my flawless fake ID, adrenaline pumping through my veins. Bee and I had gotten fake IDs for occasions like this. I briefly considered inviting her along tonight, but since Jason hadn't mentioned anything about bringing friends, I decided against it. Besides, I figured it would be easier to navigate the night solo without having to worry about entertaining someone else. I step into the chaotic thrill of the dancefloor, the darkness flashing with hypnotic neon strobes. The deep bass pounds in time with my racing heartbeat as I'm enveloped by the writhing mass of bodies. The thick air smells of perfume, alcohol, and pure abandon.

I search for any sign of Jason's smiling face among the sea of strangers gyrating at the bar. Coming up empty, disappointment sinks in my chest. I pull out my phone when suddenly a hot whisper caresses my ear.

"There you are," someone yells over the music. I jump, spinning around, ready to hit the person, until I see it's Jason. Relief washes over me.

"I almost hit you!" I say, playfully shoving his sturdy shoulders, unable to hide my smile.

"Good thing you didn't," he winks, grabbing my hand. "Come on, the others are waiting."

He leads me through the writhing mass of bodies, his strong grip guiding me forward. We approach a foreboding black door where a muscular bouncer stands guard. Jason exchanges a knowing nod, and we ascend the dim staircase. With each step, the deafening music fades to a dull thump.

We enter a sleek lounge where his friends lounge on leather couches, drinks in hand. Their eyes turn to appraise the new girl Jason's brought into their exclusive world tonight. "Hannah, meet Kiley and Hillary." Jason points to the girl on the right and then to the left.

"Hello," I wave with a small smile. Kiley and Hillary exchange glances; their forced smiles do little to mask their disdain. With her impeccably styled hair and designer outfit, Kiley eyes me up and down with thinly veiled contempt. Meanwhile, Hillary's arms crossed over her chest signal her guarded stance. They look a bit familiar from school and I have never spoken to them.

"Hannah, huh?" Kiley's tone drips with condescension. "Interesting name. What brings you here?"

A knot forms in my stomach as I realize this encounter might not unfold as smoothly as I hoped. Jason, sensing the tension, quickly interjects.

"Hannah's a friend of mine," he says, attempting to defuse the situation. "She's cool, don't worry."

Despite Jason's attempt to reassure them, Kiley and Hillary remain unimpressed, shooting skeptical glances my way. I take a deep breath, reminding myself not to let their hostility get to me.

"Nice to meet you both," I reply, forcing a polite smile. "Thanks for having me."

Taking a seat, I feel a bit out of place in the tense atmosphere of the club. Jason's reassuring hand squeeze silently urges me to hang in there. It's becoming clear that this night might be more challenging than I anticipated, but I refuse to let it dampen my spirits. Tonight, my aim is simple: get drunk and let loose without worrying about making friends or overthinking things.

I order drink after drink, gradually losing count as the alcohol starts to take effect. Eventually, I find myself unable to pronounce my own name properly. With a giggle, I discard my jeans jacket, tossing it carelessly onto the floor. Standing unsteadily on my feet, I make my way toward the dancing pole in the room, feeling a surge of confidence wash over me.

Removing my heels, I begin to dance, letting the music guide my movements as I embrace the pole like it's my long-lost lover. "Go, girl," Jason cheers from the sidelines as I shake my ass and twirl around the pole with reckless abandon. Despite the occasional hiccup, I only stop when I decide it's time for another drink.

As I stagger over to grab the Jack Daniel's bottle, I notice the expression on Jason's face as he stares intently at his phone. "Is something wrong?" I ask, making my way back toward him.

"Alex is calling," he replies, turning the phone to face me, his expression unreadable.