Chapter 3 🐺

Meanwhile, Analia, Lin, and Mi - ran had arrived at the hospital and started their shift, and they could see why they had called in for extra staff. The emergency room looked crazy. From mom's with kids that fell of the swing and broke their arm to the police bringing in guys that injured each other in a bar brawl, but the biggest reason for the chaos was the casualties that were being brought in thick and fast from a motor vehicle pile up.

Through the chaos Analia saw this one little girl laying on the back board with her neck in a brace screaming for her mother and she couldn't help but immediately go over to her and try sooth her by telling her, "the doctors are just busy fixing your mommy sweetheart, so how about you let them fix you aswell then I'll take you to her immediately after their done, hmmmm....".

The child looks at Analia with tears streaming down her cheeks and asks, "Do you promise ?", and Analia flashes her a bright smile and mumbles, "I promise, sweetheart. "

Little girl: "ok then, will you please stay with me?, I'm scared."

Analia: "Sure, I'll be right here in the corner watching you ok."

Little girl: "ok."

Analia moves out of the way and allows the doctor to examine the child but stays close by if he needs any assistance, while the charge nurse for the emergency department came up to her and asks, "Miss Yang where possible having more patients coming through from the accident so do you mind working with Dr. Lee and handling any kids that might possibly be coming through as casualties as well, since you're so good with them ?".

Analia: "No problem ma'am"

Emergency room charge nurse: "Thank you."

Just as the charge nurse turns to walk of Analia hears Dr. Lee screams, "she's having a seizure !!" and with just two steps rushes to assist him meanwhile one of the other nurses came running in telling them that the little girl is a known patient at the oncology department only recently started receiving treatment for a ganglioglioma.

[A/N - 📝 What is a ganglioglioma?]

A ganglioglioma is a low-grade tumor of mixed cell type. It is very rare and contains properties of both glial cells - responsible for providing the structural support of the central nervous system and neuronal cells - the functioning component of the central nervous system.

What are the treatment options for ganglioglioma?

A child's physician will determine a specific course of ganglioglioma treatment based on several factors. Some therapies will treat the tumor while others are intended to address complications of the disease or side effects of the treatment.
Ganglioglioma treatments include:

•neurosurgery

•chemotherapy

•radiation therapy - source: https://www.childrenshospital.org ]

Both Dr. Lee and Analia stare down at the little for a split second and Analia could feel her heart breaking as she hates cancer its the disease that took her dad from her and her mom, while Dr.Lee ask the nurse to call the oncology specialist treating the little girl to come down to the emergency room immediately, and also to call radiology to arrange for a emergency MRI.

The nurse nods her head and rushes back out. That's when Dr. Lee turns to Analia telling her, "she seems to be over the worst of the seizure, so can you please draw me a full blood panel, I want to know everything her white blood cell count, allergies, clotting factors the works".