Chapter 22

This is not a coincidence.

Lim Dae-han was seated behind me. After glancing at the names written on the blackboard, the teacher looked at Lim Dae-han for a long time. Then he looked at Lim Dae-han once again, before he looked at me.

To be honest, it was a pity I couldn't be Dae-han's deskmate, but it was nice to have him even in the back seat. Lim Sang-han, who was sitting next to me, raised an eyebrow and asked me as I smirked and smiled unknowingly.

"What makes you so happy?"

I just shook my head in response to his question. Honestly, it was still a little scary, just a little.

Lim Dae-han and I moved to the first row. Jung Ji-pil was the third row. While pretending to be pretty poor, he took the middle spot and opened a chat with the guys around him. I also briefly greeted my deskmate and prepared for the first period, and someone pressed my back hard from behind. Obviously, it was Lim Dae-han.

I opened my eyes and turned around.

"Don't poke me. Because it hurts..."

Without even realizing it, the end of my voice had become blunt. Lim Dae-han put a ballpoint pen between his index and middle fingers like a cigarette. It seemed to be a habit.

"Are you going to the night self-study after school today?"

I nodded cautiously as I looked at the ballpoint pen between his fingers.

"Because tomorrow is Saturday. I'm going to study till late today..."

"Ah."

Lim Dae-han was a bit embarrassed. I asked him carefully.

"Why?"

"Hey, Dae-han-ah, you know we're going today, right? We waited for the exam period to be over. Yep yep."

"Ah, come on. Talk to me."

Lim Dae-han's friend abruptly interrupted our conversation. I immediately raised my head. Lim Dae-han's friend was a little taller than me, but he was skinny, and he always wore a black cool protective layer beneath his summer uniform. Others said it's because of his tattoos, but I'm not sure if that's true. And he only lowered his tail in front of Lim Dae-han, while cursed without hesitation at the other guys.

"..."

I fiddled with my fingers while silently hesitating. To be honest, I don't want to play with guys like a bully, but I can't say anything. Also, we aren't even dating. I should have kissed and sorted out our relationship yesterday, but I couldn't. I was blinded by the skinship in the morning, so I missed the timing because I was flirting. Even if we were dating, I would have been nosy if I told Dae-han not to play with his friends. But it was the same for Dae-han.

Lim Dae-han looked at me as I pouted my lips. I avoided his gaze as soon as I pressed my lips together. That's something he's doing on purpose.

While smiling helplessly, I spoke carefully after his friend returned to his seat. I placed my hand on the back of his hand and pressed it with my finger. I gave him a lot of strength, but Lim Dae-han didn't even show any signs of pain.

"You can hang out with your friends today."

"What?"

"Have fun since the exam is over. You already hang out with me yesterday, too."

No one said anything because of the freedom of late-night self-study. First and foremost, Lim Dae-han had to stay at school until 10 p.m. every day because of me. My suggestion was good enough for Lim Dae-han. But I pretended to be unconcerned for a while. Come on. I can hide it.