Chapter 3, 8 o'clock

Start from the beginning

It's the second term of the school year, you got there in the last days of the first term. You're a Junior at the school, whilst your step-sisters are seniors. Your previous region didn't have the terms American schools use, that being said, your are new to the school, and Philadelphia.

Break time is always an awkward time, and before any period. You walk to your step-sisters classrooms and wait for them.

You see your sister's are already in a group, you only had to wait for them to be alone so you could talk. Today seems like one of those days you might not be able to get the chance. You walk to the dumpsters behind the school, and eat lunch. You packed a sandwich. The cafeteria isn't worth the fuss.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Straight after school, you walk downtown searching for part time jobs. You check your checklist...

* be polite
* Smile
* Brush teeth
* What else is there?

Store after store, cafe after cafe, fast food joint after... You get denied, rejected. You get back home after 8pm. You get out of your school shoes and travel upwards to your room. Dropping your bag on your bed. Slouching forward, you complain in an exhausted voice.

Y/n: "Uhhh.... Why is getting a job so hard..?"

You talk to your Darth Vader figurine, and let out a sigh. You sit down on the floor, tearing up.

Y/n: "I spent all evening looking for a job... Nobody wanted me... What will i do to pay back my sisters? And fix the window... My feet hurt too..."

Rubbing your eyes, you lean against your bedside table. Your hand touches your sleeping pills, you grab the bottle, clenching your fist, you throw the bottle behind you, away from your window.

"Ah!"

Y/n: "o-oh... sorry..."

Racheal rubs her head, picks up the bottle, entering your room, and places the bottle down on your bedside table. She glances around your room.

Racheal: "So..."

...

Racheal: "Yeah, I overheard a bit. You can talk to me, ya know?"

Y/n: "...mm."

...

Racheal: "Well... I know somebody, who knows somebody, who's looking for a new employee. Which reminds me, i should totally apply for a summer job there~!"

Y/n: "That's great..! What is it?"

Racheal: "Oh you're gonna love it! It's this totally hot joint, great service!"

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

You take a shower the morning you're off to your new part time job. You've brushed your teeth, packed a bag with snacks, charger, and phone. You place on your black Adidas hoodie, blue denim baggy jeans, and trainers. You pause at your wardrobe choice.

"Is the service, fancy? Otherwise I'd have to wear cleaner looking clothes. I imagine Racheal probably is talking about average fast food service..." You brush off any second thoughts, there is a uniform, so it might not matter at all.

Upon arriving at the location, you enter the establishment. Finding a manager to help guide you through your first day. The manager smiles at you and leads you to the back area, where staff get changed.