Chapter 3, 8 o'clock

"Good-morning, I'm Melinda Trueman and this is..."

You sat on the couch with your legs up, leaning against the armrest. Holding your bowl of cereal, you ate slowly as you watched the news. 'People always say it's important to be well informed with the news.' Or your local news that is.

Reporter Melinda: "Right here on the 8 o'clock news."

"Seems there have been a spree of murders recently..." You mutter under your breath eating your coco pops.

"What did you say you little creep?"

Cassandra leans over the back of the couch from behind you.

Y/n: "Oh uh..."

You point at the news.

Y/n: "The news..."

Cassandra glances at the TV nonchalantly.

Cassandra: "Jeez, you must be really bored if you're watching the news..."

Cassandra remarks, tilting her head to the side.

Cassandra: "Hey, about yesterday..."

Racheal: "Oh, I hope you two still aren't going on about yesterday!"

Racheal enters the room in a bubbly manner, Cassandra turns to Racheal, furrowing one eyebrow.

Cassandra: "Of course not! Something or someone has got you all prettied up~ Now spill."

You turn back to the TV noticing the time, right now you'd be at school. You're slipping out of schedule, does that mean the rest of the week will be the same? You haven't slept well after your heat stroke moment, but you feel drowsy. You get up and head to the kitchen to wash your bowl and spoon. Your movement causes your older step sister, Cassandra to start gathering their bags for school.

Racheal: "So yeah, he's totally going to ask me to the dance at the end of the year!"

Cassandra: "Mhm! Yup, definitely, so let's actually get to school so he doesn't forget!"

Racheal: "Uh-huh!" Racheal nods, then pauses. "What do you mean forget~?"

You grab your toothbrush from the kitchen sink and brush your teeth quickly. Cassandra and Racheal both think it's gross, but what can you do when you're running late, it's more convenient this way, at least you think so.

You catch up to them, grabbing your no-brand school bag, and get into Cassandra's car. You wonder why your step-sisters had to be so Barbie like. You glance at them with half-lidded eyes.

Both of them singing to Taylor swift.

You sigh and look to the side, the wind blowing in your face, your hair smacks against your skin, getting in your eyes and mouth.

Y/n: "Ngh!" *c-cough spit* "Ye-ouch!" You hair whips your face again.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(A/N: i don't like using the authors notes much, it seems unprofessional to me. But that's not the point, just pretend if you are from America, that you aren't. Or you can pretend y/n isn't in America. Whatever floats your boat. Also i don't know American terms, so i don't know how accurate my story is. I should research but i have no wifi. Suck mi koc. Also f u if u get offended by my distaste for Taylor swift, don't care fag)

The car stops in the school parking lot, you get out, you frown down as you see slippers on your feet. Not shoes. You grab your backpack, your two step sisters step out, with the same perfect hair they had when they left. "That's not humanly possible..." you stare at them weirded out, and head to the entrance. Your older step sisters go to different classes from you, now you're alone in class.