The woman raised her brows, "Huh? Didn't they all say you've been doting on a female celebrity recently? Could she only be a mistress?"

"Not a mistress. She's my wife."

The woman's expression twisted for a moment before she forced herself to resume normal.

"How could you get married without telling me? I might get upset now."

"The wedding hasn't happened yet. I'll invite you when it does. I have things to do, so I'll get going first."

Gu Huaian didn't want to hear anything more from her and strode away with large steps.

He had heard Shen Tang's inner voice just now. He needed to explain things now. Since humans have mouths, they should be used for speaking.

After searching around for a while, Gu Huaian finally found Shen Tang downstairs.

He was being held onto by an old lady with silver hair. "Xiu Xiu, Xiu Xiu..."

Shen Tang patiently explained, "Grandma, I'm not Xiu Xiu..."

"Xiu Xiu, you've come back! Don't blame your mother. He wasn't a good man..."

Shen Tang looked helplessly at the young nurse, and she seemed just as helpless.

"I'm sorry. She has Alzheimer's disease and sometimes fails to recognize people. Xiu Xiu was her daughter who passed away over 20 years ago."

Shen Tang sighed and squatted down to hold the old lady's hand. "Xiu Xiu doesn't blame you..."

Although she didn't know what had happened, the fact that it still tormented her after over 20 years must have been very distressing.

Upon hearing Shen Tang's words, clarity instantly returned to the old lady's eyes.

"You're not Xiu Xiu..."

"She would never forgive me..."

"Grandma..."

The old lady wiped the tear stains from the corners of her eyes. "Young lady, what's your name? You look so much like my daughter."

"Grandma, my name is Shen Tang."

"Shen Tang... Shen Tang... What a nice name, such a nice name!"

Shen Tang lowered her eyes. Her name actually had a simple origin. She was so well-behaved and sweet-talking as a child that the dean's wife felt the character "Tang" looked and sounded nicer, otherwise she would have been called Shen Tang (Shen Sugar).

Still, she also found it pleasant to hear. At least she wasn't named Shen Chunhua or Shen Dog Egg.

Soon after, the old lady failed to recognize Shen Tang again and clung onto her while calling out for Xiu Xiu.

Strong emotions of grief were bad for the elderly's health. Shen Tang took the chance to slip away when the young nurse managed to pacify the old lady.

She took this incident as just a minor interlude and didn't dwell on it.

While walking, she raised her head and found Gu Huaian standing there. He seemed to have been watching for quite some time and looked rather happy.

Shen Tang couldn't help but feel sour. So happy chatting up a beauty?

Gu Huaian lightly coughed into his fist. "Why did you come down here?"

"Wasn't I afraid of disturbing your conversation with the beautiful lady?"

As soon as the words left her mouth, Shen Tang felt she was done for. Just as she was about to explain herself, she saw Gu Huaian sniffing the air.

"Can you smell that?"