Old Master Gu fell silent.

To be honest, there were no complaints about Shen Tang's looks. She surpassed Zhou Qinglian. But...

"I promised Old Brother Zhou that I would take care of Lian girl."

Their friendship went back decades.

The Zhou Family was chaotic. Zhou Qinglian's father had at least dozens of illegitimate children. Before Old Master Zhou passed away, the most worried was this granddaughter.

Old Master Gu had promised him that he would take good care of Zhou Qinglian.

"There are many ways to take care of someone. Do you have to sacrifice Huaian's entire life?"

"Qinglian is so good. Other than plain looks, is she not better than Shen Tang in every other aspect? Shen Tang just returned after studying abroad, while Zhou Qinglian went into entertainment to earn money without even graduating college."

The more he talked, the straighter he stood.

That's right! He was doing this for his son's sake.

"So? Huaian has already gotten married."

"Married couples can divorce."

"Gu Mingde! Are you planning to divorce me too?"

Old Master Gu's expression drastically changed. "Wife, I did not..."

"I won't listen, I won't listen! You sleep in the study tonight." Old Madam Gu directly turned and left.

Old Master Gu looked at He Uncle. "Uncle He, did I say anything wrong?"

He Uncle faintly smiled. "I feel the Lady is right."

Old Master Gu: "..."

He helplessly shook his head. "You all don't understand me."

He Uncle's face remained expressionless, while roasting endlessly in his mind: We truly don't understand your logic.

Old Master Gu picked up his phone to call Zhou Qinglian.

"Don't cry Lian girl, that rotten brat is wrong. I will teach him a lesson for you."

"You directly go to work tomorrow, I'll see who dares to say anything."

"Rest assured, I have approved only you as my daughter-in-law."

Just as the words left his mouth, Old Master Gu suddenly felt a chill down his back.

Glancing back, Old Madam Gu was staring at him.

He was so frightened his heart skipped a beat. "Uh, let's not talk for now. Come by the house if you're free."

"Wife why did you come back down again?"

Old Madam Gu gently flicked her sleeve where no dust existed. "Let me make this clear. If you interfere with Huaian again, we will get a divorce."

"Talking nonsense. We're old, what good does a divorce do? How embarrassing?"

"Weren't you the one saying married couples can divorce? If you insist on using marriage to provide care, then you marry her yourself."

He Uncle's mouth twitched, nearly laughing out loud.

Well played!

Chapter 62

Back in the office, away from those prying eyes, Shen Tang finally breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh right, you mentioned earlier that you had something to discuss, what was it?"