Chapter 4: Kang Saein

Timeline: 2150

Yang Jeongin age: 8 years old

.....

Kang Saein was a boy who played just like other kids, completely unaware that he was a part of one of the biggest boy bands of the 21st century.

Now he lived in the 22nd century, with a name and lifestyle completely different than his previous life. His mother believed he had a small learning disability of some sort.

Sometimes he would not respond if you called him by his name. Yet when he finally would respond, he'd say 'I forgot that was my name'.

He didn't know why he often forget his name, he often mixed it up with Yang Jeongin, and never understood why. Perhaps it's because the names are slightly similar, well atleast that what his mother told him.

It didn't bother him too much, he was too young to ponder upon such trivial matters. He had more important things to think about, like, how many buns can he eat in one bite.

He was an only child, and as a result he felt very lonely. He would often go to the park and sit for hours playing by himself, hoping that someone would join him.

He sang songs to himself, and the adults would always say he was exceptionally good at it. It didn't matter though, talent is useless when you don't have any friends.

One fine day, he was playing by himself, and his mini car hit another kid. A skinny, yet loud and mischievous kid.
"Hey! Are your blind, can't see I'm standing right here?" He said.

"Sorry hyung," saein said politely.
"Ahh, kids these days tsk tsk," The kid commented. Saein scoffed at his attitude, he's probably only a year older, yet he's acting all mighty and high.

"What? You have something to say?" The kid asked him. When Saein stayed quite, he was about to walk away, but Saein's reflexes made him hold onto the kid and not let him go.

When he touched him, he experienced something strange. He saw, not himself, but a 17 year old boy in his place, and not the kid, but a slightly older boy in his place. They were standing in a small dorm kitchen, and for some reason that kitchen gave Saein nostalgia.

The older boy was saying, "what's up every one it's yo boy Han!!" While walking around with a camera. They stopped making those things all the way back in 2055. Why was he holding one of those? Is he from the past?

"oh agi-pangg so cute! Baby bread say hi!" He added, turning the camera to face the 17 year old boy. The 17 year old boy smiled to reveal his braces and waved at the camera.

When Saein snapped back to reality, the older kid was confused and scared about why Saein froze. When Saein let go, he ran at the speed of light. Saein wanted to run too, what did he just see?

Why did the 17 year old boy look so much like him? Was he imagining things? It didn't make any sense. He went home, and wanted to tell his mother about it, but his intuition stopped him.

He felt as if this was something that nobody would ever believe. He thought to himself, "am I a psycho?" But he scratched that idea because 'psycho's never realise that they're a psycho'.

From then on, he started getting more and more visions of 'han' and the 17 year old boy. Everytime he'd see the older boy, he'd think of talking to him. But the boy was too scared.

The night of his 9th birthday, changed everything. That night, he dreamt of being a 16 year old kid, in 'idol training'. He also dreamt of meeting a boy 4 years older, who asked him to join his group and talk to the boy.

The name of himself was revealed to be 'yang Jeongin', odd that it's the name he always confuses his real name with! The name of the hyung who took him in was revealed to be 'Christopher Bahng'.

And then he saw the 'han' guy too. He soon saw the others, and then their names popped up in his memory on their own. Changbin, Hyunjin, Seungmin, Felix, and Lee know. It all made sense now.

He remembered himself, his "real" self. Yang Jeongin. He was the main vocalist of a group of 8 boys including himself, and he was the youngest. Often pampered by the elders for this exact reason.

From that day on, he always introduced himself as "Kang Jeongin" and his mother would always say 'what's wrong with you! I named you Saein with so much love!' but he'd just smile.

He remembered what Chan's soul told him in his last moments. He was no longer an ordinary child, he was a child with a big quest! A quest to find his family from the past life.

Step one was to befriend the 10 year old reincarnation of Han. It wasn't going to be easy. What a fun coincidence that Han has been the first 'kid collected' in two consecutive lives!

-_-_-_-_-

(Jeongin's POV)

It was a Friday, I was coming home from school. Revising multiplication from my school digital notepad. I saw Han. I immediately folded it and put it in my pockets, cleared my throat and prepared myself to talk to him.

I knew exactly what I had to say to befriend him, he was a 'cool kid' but he wasn't a jerk, he was loud but not extroverted. I went upto him and said, "hyung, you remember me?"

Seeing the look on his face it was clear he remembered me, and he was about to back away but I added, "I need your help!"
"With what?" He asked.
"Multiplication! You look like you're smart! Can you teach me?" I asked politely with puppy eyes.

He looked at me, and I could tell the 'you look smart' melted him down completely. He always loved teaching people too. He smiled and said, "oh listen kid, multiplication's easy, I'll have you master it in no time!"

I asked him to come home because my mom was 'strict' and wouldn't allow me to go over to his, when really I just wanted him to meet my mom. He came over that evening, and after 20 minutes of maths, we played together for 2 hours! It was fun!

-----------------🥀🥀🥀---------------

To be continued. . .

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story<3