SPOILER WARNING; review of the 12th book!!!

Okay, im gonna be so honest and say I did not really like this book.

I thought it was bad. There. I said it. Honestly, I'm super disappointed. Especially after the absolute PEAK that was books 9, 10, and 11, this was just the biggest letdown.

I'll be fair and say I've only read through once (it has been a day) but after that absolute banger of a beginning, I am so disappointed. The start was so so so so so so so SO good, so when the rest fell short it felt like being hit by a bus. I know I'm being super negative right now but man was it not what I suspected? Now, I did enjoy a few parts, but my overall ranking of this book is a 4/10 or 5/10.

OKAY so, let's start with the things I did not like. Let's start with the big one

NO FRIAN?:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY ONLY KISSED ONCE AND IT WAS A KISS ON THE CHEEK? SPRATT. YOU'RE BULLSHITTING ME.

Like, what do you even mean? What even was that?!?! Not to mention the rushed amnesia plot. I can't lie, it was super interesting but Ian's comment "But she's so..." SO WHAT CUNT. DO YOU EVEN LIKE HER? ALL YOU DO IS FLIRT WITH OTHER GIRLS YOU CUNT. Okay sorry, I'm fine. Anyways, #NOTMYIAN.

BUT SERIOUSLY. I get that the purpose of this book was to explore Friday's family and go into further depth (and trust I'll touch on this more later), but she couldn't do that throughout the series?? Why sacrifice the main relationship of the story for stuff you could've easily included in the series? As soon as Ian disappeared I groaned because it feels like another shitty excuse just to disregard him? And his amnesia plot was insane! I liked it but it was definitely not used to its full potential. We also didn't get to see him interact with her siblings which would have been so interesting (don't worry I'm on it </3). Ian being gone was so bad too because sometimes you just need him in a scene. You need his sarcastic voice and bold personality to make stuff interesting!!! Put him on the front lines!!! The most unrealistic thing about this book is that Ian was in a fight and lost. You mean to tell me the kid who faced off against a whole ass prison escapee You mean to tell me this is the first time in a while where they 1. Are an established couple, 2. Are within the vicinity of each other, and 3. Don't have anything between them (unless you count Ian getting lost and absolutely BEAT) and they are barely together?!??!? Two words. Fuck. Off.

No, please, that was so mean but seriously I'm so sad I miss them.

The "mysteries":

What the hell were those bum-ass mysteries :( Guys. I'm actually so sad they all felt so rushed. It was like Friday would walk onto the scene, talk for a bit and then solve it IMMEDIATELY?!??! It just felt like boring filler at this point. The only one I liked was the one at the rich old guys 'anniversary' party. I'll touch more on this later but the whole way the main mystery was solved was so weird. I think she tried to fake us into thinking it was done mid-way and then it's really solved at the end but the two events didn't even correlate? I don't know man, it all just felt forced. I will admit though, I love Friday's energy when solving them! It's nice to see her actually enjoy mystery-solving again! But they all felt so sub-par. Even the whole thing with Halley being a bad guy was so??? Like what the hell where did that even come from??? And the tablecloth mystery? Do you mean to tell me NO ONE noticed it was written on a tablecloth??? NO ONE? It feels like the level of mystery is degrading as each book goes on. I do get that it's not Highcrest anymore (WHICH I WISH IT WAS PLEAS ECAN WE GO BACK TO HIGHCREST ERA) but seriously? The best you can do is some guy having an affair and shitty scientists?

The small details:

I know we're all asking the same question.

Who the bloody hell is Harold???