Chapter 3........(☆^ー^☆) reconciliation

Почніть із самого початку

She probably made new friends and judging by the way she decided not to speak to me anymore unless she wanted to annoy me, for absolutely no reason, at first I thought I offended her and was patient so I went to apologize to her, that was when I knew she literally just hated me for no reason, I never imagined her to use the word hate, but she threw it in my face.

Not long after my mom died, and just when I needed someone to comfort me, she mocked me and called me names, but I didn't hate her, I thought she had her issues and I was getting in her way, so I thought giving her space was what she needed, then, the rain was all I had as I got myself drenched, but then,there was this boy, whose life seemed to be nearly perfect, who held up an umbrella for me, for absolutely no reason, and that was how I got my first love, but now, the guy in zebra print hoodie reminded me of that little boy.

But wait a minute, how did we get here?, I thought I was thinking about Coral, how did I get to zebra prints?, "Faye!, Are you listening? To me", Coral patted me and jolted me back to reality,

"yeah!, Yeah!, I heard you, I wasn't all mad at you, I actually thought you needed space and that you had your reasons", I said with a sigh.

"I did have my reasons but they weren't good enough to hurt you and put you in a bad position, then my dad left us, my mom remarried and didn't pay attention to me, my step dad showered me with gift but on the inside I was sad, my mom gave birth, and diverted all her attention to the twins. She treated me as if I were invisible, and whenever she turned to me, she bought me expensive things. I needed someone to cuddle with me and show me warmth, but you weren't there. I was selfish; I only thought about myself. I didn't think about the problems you had. I thought I was the only one with problems. I was sad, I was childish. If only I knew you had bigger problems. And I'm sorry," she said, her voice laden with regret.

"I'm sorry too. How did you get over it?" I asked, genuinely curious about her journey.

Coral sighed with a smile, and funny enough, she did have a good ending. "You know, there's this guy who lives next door, and he introduced me to the New York elite club. There, I made new friends, and this guy and I grew up together... and I ended up liking him. That's it. What about you? How did you get over it?" Coral inquired, her eyes glimmering with anticipation.

"Funny enough... some boy showed up," I replied, chuckling at the thought that fate had intervened in our lives.

"Really? You too?!" Coral exclaimed, her excitement palpable. We both burst out laughing, relishing in the absurdity of the situation.

"That's so funny, like it was planned, like destiny said some guy was bound to show up for both of us," Coral remarked, still chuckling.

"Okay, now that everything is back to normal... how about I show you around New York?" Coral suggested, eager to make amends.

"Yup! But first, take this phone, and let's go have some fun!" Coral exclaimed enthusiastically, holding out the phone. It was typical of her to be so spontaneous.

We spent the rest of the day exploring the city streets, trying new delicacies, and creating memories. Despite the initial awkwardness, I found myself enjoying Coral's company, relishing in the opportunity to reconnect with an old friend.

______________________________________

Later that evening,

I decided to return his umbrella and perhaps get a chance to see him again, maybe even get his number. I didn't tell Coral about it since I had lied about not meeting him. I put the umbrella in a paper bag and headed out when the coast was clear.

I walked to his apartment, admiring the flower pots and neatly hung zebra stripe clothes. His place was beautiful and larger than my aunt's.

I reached his door and pressed the bell button, waiting anxiously. He opened the door slightly and gave me a curious look as he noticed the paper bag in my hand.

"I didn't order anything," he said, eyeing the bag.

"I came to return your umbrella," I said, handing it to him. He inspected it briefly before accepting it.

"If you ever need anything from me, I live next door," he said abruptly, shutting the door before I could respond.

"I was hoping to get your contact," I murmured to myself as I walked back to our apartment.

As I exited his apartment lobby, I ran into Coral. "Oh! You startled me, Faye."

"What are you doing here... Coral?" I asked, my heart racing.

"I came to return Nathan's book. But what are you doing here?!" Coral questioned, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Um, just returning something," I replied vaguely, trying to compose myself.

Thanks for reading!!!!

_______________Preview____________
_______________Spoiler_____________
______________Ch........3_____________

"Coral Stone & Sky millennium, Barbie Tunnel & Diana Trainor, Ariana Gomez & Christian Anthony, Nathan Seattle... and hey, new girl, Faye join the team," Mr. Lopez announced, causing chaos in the classroom. As I buried my head in the locker, paired with Nathan, I couldn't help but feel a sense of apprehension about what the future held.

+++bonus point+++

Love y'all ❤️
More love from joycepen 😘
Please drop reviews; they mean a lot to me, and I love reading them. Reviews encourage me, which literally means you guys are encouraging me!