7. ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴡɪꜱᴛ ᴀʟᴇʀᴛ

"Why did you call for a meeting this late at night?" Armaan's brown eyes bore into Aarnav, his tone heavy with suspicion

Aarnav shrugged off the seriousness, his usual cheerful demeanour still intact. "Everything went according to plan."

"You could have just texted me. No need to drag me to the warehouse for this," Arhaan snapped, his irritation palpable.

"Cut the crap, bhaiya," Aarnav demanded as he ignored Arhaan royally, his patience wearing thin. "What's the real reason?"

"Why did you want to marry her?" Aarnav asked, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Because I like her," Armaan lied smoothly, but Aarnav saw through the facade.

But revenge was all his eyes screamed.

"Stop the nonsense, bhaiya" Aarnav snapped, his voice firm.

"Her father killed her," Armaan confessed, his voice trembling as memories flooded his mind. "And I watched it happen, helplessly."

"Her father killed Dhriti?" Aarnav asked, confusion clouding his mind.

Dhriti. The name struck a chord, evoking a pain so deep it felt suffocating. She wasn't his lover or a sister; she was more than that—a daughter they had all raised together, a promise of protection he had failed to keep.

"Yes, that bastard," Armaan spat, slamming his fist against the glass table. Aarnav noticed the crack and sighed.

"Tsk tsk," Arhaan clicked his tongue sarcastically and continued "Mom would be disappointed in both of you," 

"So Ma won't be disappointed that you have a man in your fucking basement?" Aarnav snapped back, his patience wearing off.

"Enough, both of you," Armaan's deep voice cut through the tension, silencing them.

"Everything should go according to our plan, alright?" Armaan continued, casting a meaningful glance at his brothers.

"I still can't believe this abomination of a plan actually worked," Arhaan muttered, his gaze fixed on the paperweight.

"I'm a lawyer, for heaven's sake. Manipulation is my occupation. All I had to do was be at the right place at the right time," Arnav retorted, feeling irritated by his brother's underestimation of him. This was his chance to prove himself equal to them.

But it wasn't just about being in the right place at the right time. It involved a whole lot of stalking, threatening, and even killing people. And, most importantly, strategy.

"Now you need to do your job," Armaan pointed at Arhaan, who seemed caught off guard.

"I did what I was told, now my job is done," Arhaan replied, his face devoid of any emotion, meeting Armaan's gaze directly.

"What do you mean?" Arnav asked, confused.

"I'm not involving myself in this mess," Arhaan declared firmly.

"Arhaan, you can try to live a normal life, but that'll never be possible. Not everyone is born with this luck, and we're certainly not meant for a normal life," Aarnav spoke truthfully, reflecting on their upbringing. This was their reality since childhood, shaped by their father's influence until their mother intervened.

But there's a saying that the underworld is like Hotel California. You can check in anytime you want, but checkout time is death.

"Done with your barking?" Arhaan retorted, dripping with disrespect.

"Do as I say, or else I won't hesitate to shoot, even if it's my own brother," Aarnav snapped, his anger bubbling to the surface. He didn't tolerate disrespect, not even from family.

"Don't threaten me, bhai. I know how to handle a gun," Arhaan yelled back defiantly.

"STOP IT, BOTH OF YOU," Armaan intervened sternly, then continued, "Arhaan, you can't back out now. Remember, this isn't just about Dhriti."

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

SURPRISE

Okay, so this chapter is quite short, I know. In fact, it doesn't really deserve the title of a chapter, but I wanted to keep this part separate.

This section changes everything about the story, doesn't it? You thought this was a cute rom-com, but nah, my friend. This story is going to take a dark turn, trust me.

Now, what are your thoughts about this story?

LOVE YOU, Byeeeeeeee

♡Anuska