We'll Figure Something Out

Start from the beginning

"Good thought," Underhill nodded. "Wanting to get him in trouble with He Who Must Not Be Named."

"Exactly. Payback to Greyback. So he flubs up a few times. Leaves bodies. Calls attention to himself... It weakens Greyback's power with You Know Who at the same time as adding to maybe a new attempt at building a werewolf army. Maybe someone who wants to overthrow Greyback. Kind of gives'em a double edged sword of sorts. Weakens the enemy and strengthens their own army."

Underhill nodded adding, "So if we find out who it is we find a possible contact that He Who Must Not Be Named is using."

"And stop the attacks in Blackburn - a double payoff," James said.

"Excellent," Underhill nodded. He bent forward and grabbed a pad of paper and a quill, quickly jotting down some notes. "Good eye Potter."

Remus Lupin felt like his stomach was flipping over and over and over. His hands shook as he sharpened his pencils. He was refusing to look up. He glanced at Spencer beside him, whose mouth was a hard line, eyes downcast on his sketchbook. "Did you know?" Remus asked quietly.

"That's what we've been fighting about," muttered Spencer.

Lula stood at the front of the room, gabbing with their professor, a light dressing gown over her shoulders, the front pulled closed and tied off at the waist. Her black hair hung loose for once and held a slight curl to it that was part of it's natural texture. Remus's palms were sweating and the dressing gown hadn't even come off yet. It just hugged all the right (or wrong?) places so that little was left to imagination and honestly Remus needed very little help to launch his mind into that imagination station anyway... The thought that in a few moments the gown would be dropping made his stomach curve around itself.

"I don't know if I can do this," Remus breathed.

Spencer laughed, "You think you don't know if you can do this? That's my girl."

"I know," Remus said. "That's part of why I can't do this."

"You're gay, it doesn't do anything for you -- right?" Spencer laughed.

"Usually not," Remus said shakily.

"It's certainly doing something for Phil over there," Spencer grumbled.

Remus looked. One of their classmates was staring very avidly at Lula as she moved, practically salivating. "Gods," Remus muttered and shook his head. "How could she possibly feel comfortable doing something like this?"

Spencer shrugged. "She's very open with her body."

Remus looked at Spencer, then away and back down to his pencils.

Spencer stared at his sketchbook too. 

Remus hesitated. "Stewie?"

"Yeah?"

"Want to get out of here?" 

"Get out of here?" Spencer looked up at Remus.

"Skive off."

Spencer didn't hesitate, "Yeah."

Remus and Spencer gathered their things quickly, chucking pencils and books into their bags hurriedly and heading for the door. Spencer lingered for a second, looking over his shoulder and meeting Lula's eyes. There was a long pause in which she stared him down defiantly, and then he shook his head and ducked out the door as she turned away, too.

Remus and Spencer headed quickly out out of the school and when they'd got out to the street, the wind was ruffling their hair and blowing leaves down the sidewalk. Remus shoved his fists into his wool coat's pockets, though Spencer walked along with just a light jacket comfortably despite the wind. The only sound that passed between them for some time was their footsteps as they walked and the traffic going by.