Chapter III: Failed Liberation of Heijō

The dimly lit bar in Heijō, still carrying the echoes of laughter and clinking glasses, became an unlikely stage for a clandestine confrontation. Ji-Yeon, with the newly acquired M1911 in hand, and Park Jung-hee, carrying a Type 24, approached the unsuspecting Fusoan officers seated at their corner table. The air was thick with tension as the rest of C. Company discreetly filtered into the bar.

Ji-Yeon's eyes bore into the officers, her gaze unwavering as she approached. The M1A1 Thompson slung over her shoulder served as a silent reminder of the arsenal that lay at her disposal.

"Enjoying your drinks, gentlemen?" Ji-Yeon's voice, though calm, held a steely undertone that cut through the ambient noise of the bar.

The Fusoan officers turned, their faces registering a mix of surprise and suspicion. Before they could react, Park Jung-hee, with the Type 99 Arisaka trained on them, ensured they remained seated. The patrons around them continued their conversations, blissfully unaware of the unfolding drama.

Ji-Yeon, flanking the officers with the M1911 now in full view, spoke with a measured authority. "Your reign of oppression ends here. Consider yourselves guests of the Chosen Liberation Army."

With a nod from Ji-Yeon, the other members of C. Company began to infiltrate the bar, subtly bringing in heavy equipment under the guise of ordinary patrons. Two Maxims were discreetly wheeled in, their presence masked by the unassuming chatter of the bar's patrons. The M1918A2 BAR and ammunition for the Maxims were strategically placed in positions of advantage.

The Fusoan officers, now hostages in a den of their own choosing, watched as the balance of power shifted. The once oblivious patrons became unwitting witnesses to a shadowy retribution unfolding within their midst.

Ji-Yeon spoke again, her voice carrying a warning. "We have information, and we know the cost of resistance. Your allies have already paid dearly. It's in your best interest to cooperate."

As the officers reluctantly submitted to their captive reality, C. Company continued their covert operation. The bar, once a haven for Fusoan officers, now became a clandestine stronghold for the Chosen Liberation Army.

In the shadows, the heavy machinery was positioned for maximum impact. The Maxims, manned by skilled gunners from C. Company, were poised to unleash a storm of firepower if the situation escalated. The M1918A2 BAR, a symbol of defiance, stood ready to support their cause.

Ji-Yeon, her eyes fixed on the Fusoan officers, sent a silent signal to the rest of C. Company. The stage was set, and the shadows of retribution had cast their first darkened silhouette over Heijō.

With the bar now transformed into an unexpected battleground, Ji-Yeon swiftly took charge of the situation. Her M1911 was holstered, and a stern gaze scanned the bar's patrons and civilians, their eyes reflecting a mixture of curiosity and fear.

"Citizens of Heijō, we mean you no harm," Ji-Yeon's voice carried through the air, her tone a blend of authority and reassurance. "For your safety, we ask that you leave the premises. This is not your fight."

The patrons, recognizing the gravity of the situation, began to file out of the bar, their departure facilitated by the careful guidance of C. Company members stationed at the exits. The civilians, still bewildered by the sudden turn of events, dispersed into the night, leaving the bar to the shadows of retribution that had claimed it.

Meanwhile, C. Company moved with practiced efficiency, setting up defensive positions within the bar. The Maxims were strategically placed to cover potential entry points, and the M1918A2 BAR stood ready, its menacing silhouette a silent warning to any who dared challenge the Chosen Liberation Army.