Chapter IX - Reactive

Start from the beginning

I crossed my arms. "What does this refer to again?"

"Well, let's just say there are some students who are... you know, perverts." I see.

"I've already thought about that possibility, Chabashira-san, I don't deny it, however. I still don't think it's right to separate our class into two groups." I argued, she looks up, waiting for me to finish explaining. "For people like Shinji, it's quite natural for him to have these types of thoughts, however, we know he's not an attitude pervert. He prefers to keep it to himself."

"I agree with Utomiya-kun." Nanase supports me as she takes a step forward. "Shinji cares more about people's well-being than his... antics. However, he is not a 'danger' in our group."

Chabashira lets out a sigh. "I know that, but it's just in case. Even if I explain this to the girls, I highly doubt they'll support it." She's right.

"So this is pretty easy to resolve." Tsubaki commented, making us turn towards her. Curiously, she is sucking on her lollipop before rolling it over her lower cheek. "We don't need to separate our classes, we just need to bring together people who are considered 'trustworthy' by the girls."

An idea crossed my mind

An idea crossed my mind. "Wait, does that mean-"

"Exactly." She smile. "We will separate some students who are labeled as perverts and leave them at the back of the line, perhaps at the back. While those at the front, remained vigilant and kept an eye on every rash movement. Be it from perverted students or enemies."

Chabashira nodded. "So that's all settled, though. That's not why I called you here."

'Well, that's to be expected' I thought.

"What's on your mind, Chabashira-san?" I asked.

"I'm a little suspicious of Akira." She said, leaving Nanase confused.

"Huh? With what exactly, Sae? Do you think he might betray us?"

"I don't think that's the case, Nanase-san, that possibility is extremely impossible." Tsubaki stated.

"I agree." I waved.

"Yes, you are right to think that way. But that's not what I'm trying to warn you about." She lets out a sigh and covers her face with her hands. "I believe Akira is hiding something from us... As always."

"...? Do you think he's manipulating us through this 'special exam'?" She nods in agreement and I continue. "Do you have any evidence of this? Or any suspicions?"

"I have no evidence or means to prove my theory. Just speculation and... intuition." Although I think she is wrong, I also can't help but disagree with her. "Don't you think it's very suspicious that Shinji, Akito and Yato went out to explore the island without telling us?"

"Koenji-kun and Toriyama-kun don't seem to care about our commands, Sae-san, if you were just talking about Shinji-kun and Yato, I could understand your suspicion." Tsubaki explained.