Chapter 11.

Y/N had never been a party girl. Sure, she enjoys a bottle of soju from time to time - more specifically when the workload gets too overwhelming, which is almost every other day in her case - but she's never the type to do that in a club. Introvert things.

"Take it easy, okay?" Jihye sat beside her. patting her shoulder as she downed another shot of something she couldn't even remember the name of.

"I'm fine. this is only my third." Y/N waved her off before letting out a huge breath and tugging on her collar. "God, don't they have air conditioning in this place? I'm sweating!"

Jihye pinched the bridge of her nose, hard. The regret of insisting on taking Y/N along to a club was slowly making its presence known. "Y/N, that's your seventh..."

"Oh?" Y/N turned to her in surprise, her face already flushed. "Well, that explains it." She then shrugged and let out a small laugh.

"Alright. I think you need to stop." Jihye stated as she took the glass from Y/N's hand, completely ignoring the whines as she handed her a glass of water instead. "Remember what happened last time? Yeah, we don't want that happening again."

The brief mention of the event made Y/N wince and she grudgingly downed the water. The last time that Y/n was in a club was definitely not the best of times. She couldn't really remember much of it. And she was not sure whether that was a good thing or not. But from the bits that she could recall, and from Jihye's explanation, she was certain that it was something.

That last time was about two years ago already. y/n was in what people call, the 'moving on' phase. And she must have been really desperate to take herself out to drink in a club. And well, as a shot became two and then too many to remember, her inhibitions and self-control were forgotten. The last thing she remembered was nearly getting dragged out of the club by someone before Jihye magically appeared.

The lecturing she got the morning after, mixed with the hangover, was definitely not worth going to another club for.

"Hey guys! You enjoying yourselves?"

Y/n looked up from where she buried her head in her hands as she felt the space beside her dip. Haechi's grinning face greeted her, a full glass in hand as she made herself comfortable. Y/N did not answer, choosing to bury her head back in her hands as she willed for the haziness to disappear.

"I am." She heard Jihye say and felt a hand on her shoulder. "Though I can't say the same for her."

"I'm fantastic."

Y/N didn't make a move even as she heard the two girls laugh at her misery. She figured she would just have a go at them as soon as she got herself together. And somewhere in between, she must have drifted asleep because the next time she came to, her head felt heavy with haze and her eyes took a moment to adjust to everything.

As she sat back up, she noticed that Jihye was nowhere to be found. Instead, there was Haechi. The girl was leaning back on the booth, completely relaxed as she scrolled through her phone.

"Hey..."

"Oh, you're awake." The girl turned to her and sat up straight. "How are you feeling?"

Y/N managed a small smile as she accepted the cold glass of water the girl had pushed towards her. "Never better. Jihye stopped me before I could really be 'drunk'. Where'd she go anyway?"

"That... I'm not sure of..." A sheepish smile filled Haechi's face as one of Y/N's brows rose. "She left like fifteen minutes ago. The last time I saw her was on the dance floor."

Y/n just sighed and shrugged. "I'm sure she's fine." She mumbled. Jihye was not a lightweight and judging from her ability to take down people twice her size, Y/N was more than certain that the girl could very much handle herself.