Ch_9. Dinner

(Sooha's POV)

"Really?" Mrs. Lee narrows her eyes at her son.

"Y-yeah." He says.

"Okay." She waves if off. "Sit down. Let's eat."

We sit down, Felix beside me and Mrs. Lee opposite us, and begin digging in after a short prayer of course. My eyes literally light up the instant I taste her soup.

"How's the food?" Mrs. Lee asks.

"Amazing as ever!" I smile widely making her smile as well.

"Eat the eggs roll as well. I remember they are your favourite." She places three rolls on my plate and I nod

"Thanks Aunty." I say before stuffing myself, not really caring that I'm in front of people.

"Aww! Isn't she so cute like now!" Mrs. Lee coos and I blush. Felix just scoffs.

"Like a pig." He says in a voice that only I can hear. I glare at him and kick his legs under the table. I smirk in satisfaction as he groans silently in pain.

"Sooha."

"Yes, Aunty." I turn my attention to Mrs. Lee when she calls.

"You go to the same school with Felix right?" She asks and I nod.

"How do you go?"

"I walk."

"That far?" She gasps and I giggle.

"It's just a forty minutes walk, Aunty." I say.

"Forty minutes!" She widens her eyes and I giggle again, loving her reaction.

"It's too tiring. You can go with Felix from tomorrow." She says out of nowhere and I almost choke. I panic. No of course not!

"It's okay Aunty!" I say hurriedly while waving my hands in denial. "I like walking. It's not tiring at all."

"No, no." She shakes her head and turn to her son who has become quiet all of sudden.

"You'll go with Sooha won't you?" She threatens her sonce and I feel an ounce of hope that he will turn it down. He hates me as much I hate him.

"Okay." He says easily. And I whip my head at him incredulously. Is he for real? There's no way he'd be so nice. He then turns to me and smirk. My eyes widen. Yeah! I knew it! I groan inside my head. He's going to make my life a living hell now!

Afterwards, we finish the dinner and I help Mrs. Lee with the cleaning, even though she denied it several times. Then it is the time for me to go home.

"Felix, walk Sooha to her house." Mrs. Lee says.

"Why?" He asks lazily from the livingroom's couch.

"Because that's what a gentleman will do. Now get up." She orders and Felix groans but still get up.

"Goodnight dear." Mrs. Lee turns to me and kiss me on the cheeks while smiling.

"Goodnight Aunty." I smile back and turn.

Felix is already waiting for me at the entrance. I quietly walk past him and he follows silently. We don't say anything for a while and I'm fine with that before he decides to break the silence.

"Still afraid of the dark, are we?" He smirks at me.

"I'm not." I snap at him.

"Okay." He looks away and hum while putting both his hands inside his pocket.