13 . Misunderstandings

Start from the beginning

He told me , " See , I know I don't look that type of man who know self defence. But I was an athlete in high school. I know judo, karate , taekwondo and kickboxing."
He started explaining himself like a child. I couldn't control my laugh .
Even he started laughing and took off his specs and unknowingly those words slipped from my tongue,
" You look better  without specs. Have you ever considered using contact lenses ?" .
  He just smiled and then he dropped me to my apartment in his car .

He asked me if he should accompany me till the door . Why was he acting different today ? I told him that there was no need.

He said , " We should meet as many people as possible before marriage and then take the decision. "

Now I guessed where this talk was going.

" You are more straightforward than I expected, Raghav "

" No , that's not what I meant . Anyways, I think that marriage is not a must ." He said

" So , you mean to say that you don't want to get married. " I asked.

" No. Siya , I want to get married but.. well.... " He couldn't find words to say to me and was embarrassed and chuckled and even I joined him laughing. I

" Raghav , it's nice to see you smile. See you then . Good night ." and left from there.

Then my mobile pinged with notification.
O God !! This Alia and her texts never leave me alone.

' I can't reach you . Pick up my call .'

'I don't know why they acted like that way at the reunion. '

' I knew if I told you about it you won't come . I just wanted all of us to get along. '

' I came to your apartment but your passcode was changed. '

I texted her , ' I don't think this should be done over text or call . Let's talk tomorrow. '

Samrat called me . I received his call but cut his call hearing Alia's voice, " Siya"
So Samrat and Alia are together . That's even better. Now she will manipulate him and make my work easy to bring them closer.

Samrat texted me , ' Talk to Alia once . There's a misunderstanding. She's with me '

I texted him , ' I am glad that you're with her . Take care of her and take her home . I have a lot on my mind so I need  time to think. '

Both of them are together. It's a  good thing . Now they should come closer to each other . Please get married soon and leave my life .

I received Aditya's call.

" Hello Siya . Are you free ?"

" Hello Aditya ."

" I am not the one to be clingy but I couldn't help but call you ." He said . He might be embarrassed I guess.

" Sorry , I got home late and couldn't call you after seeing your text. "

" No that's okay . It's not late . I was feeling impatient after meeting you . "

" It feels awkward to speak like this ." I told him.

" You feel awkward ?? Have we never spoke on the phone before ? " He asked.

" Never . You told me not to speak...."
Shit Siya , what was the need to mention it ?? But I need to clear everything.

" So , Aditya in the past you told me not to speak to you again.  It was because of that we never spoke. " I told him.

" Siya , that's because you rejected me . "
I was surprised at this revelation. When did I reject him ?

" When did I reject you ? " I asked .

" You wrote me a letter , remember. I still have it with me .  I couldn't gather  enough courage to throw it . "

" So you ask me out through a letter and I replied ? " I asked to confirm it.

" Did you forget ? I stayed all night and wrote it . I couldn't sleep throughout the night. " He chuckled remembering the past .

" Aditya , shall we meet tomorrow? Can you also bring my reply letter with you ? " I asked him .

" Ok ,let's meet then .Good night. "

" Good night." And I hanged up.

What's the suspense behind this letter ? I never received his letter . He didn't mention about the letter in which I told him about my feelings.
When did I reject him through a letter?
If I received his letter we might have begun our love story back then...Stop Siya . Don't think about it. Well let's see the suspense of this letter tomorrow.

So , now it's revealed that there are misunderstandings between Aditya and Siya .
Aditya thinks Siya rejected him and Siya thinks vice versa .

What's the truth??
Well , that will be revealed in the next chapter.

Please vote and comment