17. Unexpected Turn *

Start from the beginning

I move to the passenger's seat and retrieve the wipes from the glove box. "You're prepared, aren't you?"

"Just give me one." He holds out his hand impatiently.

I pass him a wipe, and he begins to clean himself. I start doing the same before pulling my thong up.

Theo grabs the water bottle from his door pocket and unscrews the cap. "Here, drink some water. You did a lot of work being on top for once." He smirks as he passes me the bottle.

"That's so cheeky, I get on top... sometimes." I begin to sip the water.

"Hmm, maybe once every six months." He breaks into laughter. "Have some more."

I playfully slap his arm. "You liar." I start drinking some more, then pass it back to him.

He continues to laugh as he screws the cap back on the bottle and places it in his door pocket. "I'll put the mess in the bin, then go back to our table. You come like five mins after me. The keys are here. Make sure you lock the car."

I nod at him. "Okay." I open the mirror in the sun visor and see my hair and makeup are messed up. I start brushing my hair with my fingers and begin to get lipstick out of my bag. 

"What are you doing?" Theo asks sternly.

With the lipstick in my hand, I give him a puzzled look. "What?"

"What are you doing?" He asks in the same tone.

"Putting on lipstick?"

"Leave that shit, you don't have time."

"It'll take me two seconds." I open my lipstick.

"Why can't you fucking listen? I told you to leave that shit." He says, pissed off.

I look at him, trying to figure out why he's being like this. It's only lipstick. "My face looks a mess, Theo."

"Your face always looks like that." He says bluntly.

I look at my face in the mirror and see so many imperfections. Surely he doesn't think that? "If I don't fix my makeup, they'll know we did something. They're not idiots."

"I don't fucking care. If I see that you've put on more makeup, then you can walk back to the fucking hotel. You're not going with me."

He exits the car and slams the door, making me wince. Tears slowly stream down my face. Why is he being so mean to me? 

I search through his car, find a tissue, and dab my face dry. I want to cry more, but I refrain, as I don't want to mess up my makeup further. 

I stare at myself in the mirror and try to blend my foundation into the parts around my mouth where it has been removed. I instantly stop as it makes it look worse and patchy. Shit. Why is this happening to me? I look so ugly. I'm so ugly. I feel like I have no lips when I don't put lipstick on. If I just put lipstick on, it'll at least help me look a bit normal. 

But I can't. If I do I'll be stranded. 

My eyes begin to water, so I hold the tissue to my waterline to stop it from falling and ruining my face more.

Get it together, Savannah. This night will be over soon. I take a deep breath in and a deep breath out. I close the mirror to stop looking and hating on myself. If I tell myself I look good, I will believe I look good. 

I pack the wipes back in the glove box and exit the car. I lock the doors and make my way back to the table at the restaurant.

Emilia scoffs and gives me a disgusted look as I take my seat. "Could you really not wait?"