New Things

Seventeen ✶ New Things

Ever since Charlie spoke to Ashlynn and his friends, he thought they were right. Their personal lives shouldn't affect the lives of their characters on screen.

And so, he decided to distract himself from thinking all thoughts about Neomi as he thought she was doing the same.

Before he went to set today, he decided to fetch his friend, Lucinda, who was now in Los Angeles to start filming and have her promotional videos recorded.

He waited there with a bouquet in hand and a board that said, 'Lucinda Gracia where are you?'

It was only after 25 minutes that people from their flight started strolling out of the exit. Charlie stood straight, holding the board up and the bouquet tighter.

Once he caught a glimpse of his friend, he immediately shouted. "Cindy!" But this doesn't get her attention instead, her sister, Louisa hears him calling out to her.

The younger girl taps her sister's shoulder and she looks over to where her sister was pointing. Lucinda's eyes widen once she sees the curly-haired boy then she rushes to get to him.

He smiles at her as she gets closer to him and she runs and hugs him, forgetting about her bag and the people she was with.

The brown-haired girl wraps her arms around his waist, her head on his chest.

He reciprocates the hug and for a second, he gets deja vu.

It was like being in New York again. The excitement of seeing each other again, the hug, and — No.

Charlie shakes off the feelings he started to feel, trying to make his thoughts of the Japanese girl go away and so, he hugs Lucinda tighter, eyes closed, and head on top of hers.

She giggles as she hugs him, not wanting to pull away. "Aww, you guys make me wanna puke." Her sister says from behind her which makes them pull away.

"Okay whatever, anyways!" The brown-haired girl clasps her hands together and smiles. "Charlie this is Louisa, my little sister, and Louisa this is Charlie, the guy I told you about."

Louisa had a teasing look on her face before turning to look at the boy. She smiles at him and mutters, "Hi,"

Charlie brought them to a restaurant to eat and drove them around the city before he went to leave for work. The three of them spoke about their plans for the week and projects they'll be working on soon.

For Lucinda, she had to shoot promotional videos and interviews for 'Madame Web' before she started filming for 'The Last of Us' and with Louisa, she would be attending award shows.

"Oh my God! You know, Cindy did the craziest thing earlier," The girl said with her mouth full of food which made Charlie chuckle.

The older Gracia girl clicked her tongue and shook her head at her sister's manners but chose not to say anything about it.

"She fucking -"

"Language," Lucinda said sternly, an eyebrow cocked at her sister which makes her groan.

"Okay sorry. She freaking told the kid behind her that she knew a bunch of zombies and if he didn't stop kicking her seat, the zombies would eat him! And the best part was his mom woke up from her threatening the kid it was so funny." She burst out laughing which earned looks from people beside their table.

After lunch, he took them around Los Angeles before taking them to their hotel to get settled.

"Thanks so much, Charlie." Lucinda smiled up at him as she held his hand, rubbing circles on it.

He smiles and places his free hand at the back of his neck. "Of course. If you want you can come with me to set when you're available." She nods at him before they parted ways.

lucindagracia

lucindagracia back in la, thx for the flowers( tagged iamcharliebushnell )liked by estellaruiz, sydneysweeney, and others

( tagged iamcharliebushnell )
liked by estellaruiz, sydneysweeney, and others

all comments

louisagracia okay i liked and now i commented what now
lucindagracia atleast make it a decent comment!

user OH MY GOD WORLDS ARE COLLIDING

iamcharliebushnell ofc :))
lucindagracia miss u already lollll

user WAIT CHARLIE??!!!?!!
user AND HE GOT HER FLOWERS TOO

michaelcimino aight lets meet up now bruh

deuxmoi Omg 👀👀

user wait i thought he was with neomi???

For the rest of the filming, Charlie would hang out or take Lucinda on set, even introducing him to his fellow castmates.

The moment the Latina girl stepped foot on the set of Missing Piece, the air immediately shifted but only Sofia and Brady seemed to notice it. Despite Brady telling Charlie not to follow David's advice, he still did not follow but he seemed to be happier on set and was speaking to Neomi normally again.

Sofia on the other hand, just felt like she distracted the boy more when they were on set. She wasn't like Franko who would make everyone included even in the midst of talking to Neomi but with Lucinda, it was like she was purposely speaking to Charlie even in a group setting. But at the end of the day, she had no right to talk and she was probably just being a hater.

Weeks after, Neomi and Charlie were able to be how they were again although she noticed that something felt off about him whenever she'd reach out to hold his hand or link arms. But she thought it was just him trying new things and he leaned more into the gift love language when it came to them.

Little did she know, he was trying to make her jealous by taking another girl to set.