1: Begining of saga

To swadhinta

It seems I am flowing with gust of wind through the chaos of my life in but still longing of love kept me restless this endless wait is now agonising for sure but there is hope which flickered years ago and it still illuminating me .
I remember that first chanched encounter , a turning point for sure but on that day I not only meet myself but someone who painted my life with vivid shades of love ,  That night  I found the remains of my soul wrapped in shroud of mystery .

Bengal was burning perhaps not only in fire of colonial rule but also deadly Spanish flu had claimed infinite lives, leaving behind never ending scars & chasm of grief . I was young perhaps no experience how things exist in this world but you became my vision guiding me throughout the journey .
There was a fire of freedom radiating from your aura swadhinta which always kept me moving on even on hardest time .

A strange kind of attraction which often drives myself towards you maybe it was starting of something new , something so promising with the fragrance of love . Whenever I remembers you that night often replayed through my mind like a rhythm of song resonating along with whispers of love .
----------------------------------------------------------------

1920, Tulsipur 

Faint rays of dawn casted a yellowish aura across dimly lit study as the window panes rattled against sturdy walls of haveli , she stood at threshold of his study as she drifted her gaze towards her pati Babu his face rested amid the canopy of  fingers , lines of worry etched through his forehead and it seems he was in deep thoughts . As the time ticked away bondita found herself in quandary trying to absorb the thick velvety silence which was enveloping the room and she felt  alone & unwanted in huge zamindar badi , at each moment the harsh reality of being married thrown upon her and it felt she was at loosing end like everything was slipping away from her .

"May I come in pati Babu "

Her timid voice pierced the sheets of quititude prevailing across the room and anirudh felt shivers ran down through his spine as the fragments of that dreadful night flashed a staunch of realisation that she was his wife , a child bride . Few tears spilled from his eyes drenching him in yet another stream of sorrow while his eyes fixated at her face innocence dripping from it , those eyes reflecting a unknown pain & fear .
How wrong was he ?
Pinch of vermilion tainted through her hairline and heavy banarsi saree dropped across her delicate shoulders seems to be heavy overshadowing every dreams which died down in flames of child mar inriage .
What a irony !
There he was trying to liberate every girl from schakles of child marriage and he himself binded her with invisible threads .

"Yes bondita pls sit "

He spoke in shivering voice eyes were still struck at floor his fingers toiling through the pages of his book a dire attempt to not meet her gaze it seems innocence of those pristine eyes might broke him completely.
"Why are you not talking with me "
Words escaped from her quivering lips acted like a stab upon his weary heart as anirudh sighed dejectedly leaning back towards his chair now facing her .

"I was busy but there are so many people to talk "

"But they all are not my husband you are "

Bondita replied nonchalantly fidgeting with end of her saree . She was sat upon small wooden stool far away from him knees closely drawn to  her chest trying to fill the silence of room with her unanswered questions but it was not simple for her pati Babu as he saw a worry crept through his face crumbling the little hope which she was carrying within her .

But for anirudh it was like a sharp sting of realisation tearing away the last thread of patience which he was holding upon , she was his  responsibility from her happiness to tears . And he was trying to escape from that brutal reality which was part of his existence that now he has someone to take care off in just one night everything changed .

"I am sorry bondita but now I am here so tell me how do you feel "

A futile attempt

"I miss maa no one can  takes care of me like she used to do why can't I meet her "

Those hopeful eyes felt like a burning flame to anirudh harsh reality of their marriage came back hitting him with all might .

"But you have one more mother bondita who will never leave you "

Bondita brows curved quizzically glancing a shadow of confusion .
"Who ??" A glimmer of hope shone admist the tears she shed .
"Our motherland bondita one who nurtures us she is everyone's mother  so whenever you felt empty remember there is she with her warmth of love "

Anirudh felt a wave of relief washed over his self as now tears in her eyes were replaced with flicker of hope which seems to be  brightening his soul .

"Is she your mother too ?"

A small smile tugged through corner of his lips as her voice seems to provide a solace to his weary self .
"Yes she is everyone's mother but bondita what will you do when someone capture your mother "

"I will protect maa with all my might I will fight for her " Bondita spoke with a sudden surge of anger her voice tinge with displeasure & pain .
"Absolutely so in same way our motherland is also burning as some bad people has captured her and you know what bondita we need to fight them to free our mother , will you help me bondita ?"

Prangs of agony hit the navie heart of bondita as she looked through his eyes shimmering with a new sense of familiarity which was steadily healing the scare of loneliness she felt .

"I will pati Babu "

She spoke slamming her little palm in his hand and anirudh felt a wave of tranquility washing away his every worry soaking him in nectar of happiness . As the new rays of dawn casted a new hope of living paving the way for two souls who were perhaps binded with threads of marriage weaving the tapestry of their tale .

A beginning of saga

Maybe it was a beginning of something new anirudh thought while clasping their hands together as all worries seems to wash away leaving behind just a hope for living and admist the shimmering rays of sun his heart found respite at the mere possibility of future .
Swadhinta name felt so familiar to him perhaps carrying the untold tales with it .
---------------------------------------------------------------

You were my swadhinta in every aspect a thought which guided me through the ruins of my life and binding us in strings of love . That day while clasping our hands together I felt everything will be right you with me there will be nothing wrong .

While venturing through the path of freedom it was first shade which painted my vary existence still guiding me through uncertainty of future , people left but their existence always lived with us like a memory which drives us amid the sadness providing with a new sense of joy .

Your's anirudh