nine ;a purpose

Começar do início

in his eyes, the view was simply worthwhile. the peaceful look on your face, the way the sunlight radiated off your skin, the comforting silence occasionally broken by soft breathing, the way your hair had framed your face. in his eyes, it was definitely a view he wished he could witness more often.

he stepped closer to you, mindful of his steps to avoid creating noise that could wake you. reaching out a hand, he brushed a strand of hair away from your face before taking his leave.

you could've sworn you felt the warmth of a hand on your cheek.

︎︎
︎︎
⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

︎︎
︎︎
you really couldn't catch a break, could you? the day had just started, and yet both you and mash were being summoned by the headmaster.

"i assume you know why you were summoned?" wahlberg popped the question, seated high up.

"because i made cream puffs in the dorm kitchen without asking." mash answered, clueless and passing off his assault on the vice-principal and cavill.

"wrong. and you, (y/n)?" he turned his attention to you.

"i was told i'd be let off... what is this betrayal?" you grumbled, crossing your arms and avoiding eye contact with the director.

"...nevermind." wahlberg had sighed, shaking his head before turning his attention back to mash.

"you slammed young cavill into the floor and buried the vice-principal. actions that have caught the attention of the bureau of magic." the headmaster cleared his throat, addressing mash's recent acts of violence.

"see here. i received this notice from the bureau requesting your immediate expulsion. this goes the same for the 'unidentified accomplice' of the incident." he pulled out the notice, quoting from the sheet of paper.

"oh.. so that's his way of letting me off, huh?" you lowly muttered, eye twitching at being ridiculed so indirectly.

"the bureau of magic is this country's highest legal authority. it is no exaggeration to say they control this country. at the core of their organisation are the divine visionaries." wahlberg started to speak about the system of the country, setting down the sheet of paper.

'but really, fuck the system.'

"this academy furnishes the bureau with those qualified to be divine visionaries. in essence, it is our role to raise the next generation of government employees." he continued. you were getting bored.

"as i'm sure you're aware, young cavill is the son of a high-ranking member of the bureau. in other words... you have done something unforgiveable." he concluded, alas.

your head perked up seeing the atmosphere shift around the headmaster.

"however..." he slammed his hand on the notice, picking it up.

"what is even more unforgiveable is a world where the caring are at a disadvantage." similarly to your situation prior, he had engulfed the notice in flames.

'fuck the system, indeed.'

your lips twitched into a small smirk of amusement. this wahlberg dude had actually piqued your interest, bending the rules for a lackmagic like mash and a tainted person like you. his beliefs were truly empowering, you dared to admit.

"i've been concerned with the current state of the world. which is why i took on this position several years ago. power and authority are concentrated in the hands of the self-serving. we have frighteningly few people like you, who will risk themselves to act."