3: The Confession

After an hour of getting to know each other, Athanasia gradually relax. Yes all of them are really strong and it's possible to kill her without much effort. But so was their bond together.

They are all familiar to each other and had a deep level of companionship. And its all because of one person, the Empress of Obelia Empire, Cale Henituse of the Henituse Duchy.

She can't help but to admire him more and more with all the stories she heard. And she saw Claude... No, Alberu Crossman in different light. He is just a lost soul who almost lost his entire world because of the stupid problem this world throw them.

Yes, its a stupid problem. Problem that the God should deal but throw it to humans to deal while giving an assistance. How nice of them.

She pray for him to wake up soon so Alberu wojld be happy again.

"Mom?" She whisper.

"Yes honey?" Diana ask.

"Do you personally know the Empress?" Athanasia ask.

"Well... Not really? His name really spread out in entire two continents. There is no one in older generation not know Cale Henituse. In fact, the Empress also indirectly save us by preventing more war casualty. He is just an amazing person. I remember the children before was playing with a silver shield calling themselves Young Master of Silver Shield... Thats why I wanted to help him woke up..." Diana said as if she was reminiscing the past.

"I see..." She still has a lot of questions to ask Diana but she can't ask because someone appeared in front of them. She flinch because of how strong his presence is.

"Hello everyone, as some of you know, I'm Choi Jung Soo, slav- I mean mecenary of the God Of Death. We all gather here to collect a positive energy which will be generated through strong emotions. This Energy will help us to fix the broken soul of Cale faster. You'll react to past, present, or future depending on the data we collected. Foods is unlimited, they are in your left, kitchen is behind the door at the back in right side," He said. He didn't even say anything after that and disappear.

Suddenly, the huge TV open and all of them started to focus.

‘Your highness, your existence is natural.’

The word fills him with something akin to hope, a hot rush of something filling him the more Cale speaks, and the more those words are registered in his mind.

Athanasia frown and look to her father. She saw a smile nostalgic smile in Claude's face.

"Is this what I'm thinking?" Felix ask who was in between Athanasia and Claude.

"Yeah..." Claude said.

‘ Your highness, you are fated to be here.’

Him. Fated to be here. In this royal family who cares about appearance more than anything. In this kingdom that will only recognize their king with blond hair and blue eyes. In this place where blood purity is all that matters, and so is his appearance.

Suddenly, Athanasia realize something...

Claude's eyes weren't the usual jeweled eyes he had right now.

But how? And why does its implying that Claude's Blonde and blue eyes are fake?

Him, who is a quarter dark elf, whose human blood is mixed with dark elf’s, a race that is hated by humans throughout the continent for their affinity with dead mana. Him, whose real skin, hair and eye colors are not what a Crossman should be, not what a Roan Kingdom King should have.