1: The invitation

It was a normal day in the Obelia Empire. Athanasia was just happy that finally everything is going normal. Athanasia is just happy.

She just woke up having a happy dream of her mother and Claude. Having a happy family.

"Did you have a good dream? You were smiling in your sleep," Lily affectionatedly said. Athanasia smile and nodded.

"Yeah, it was really a good dream," she softly said before going out of the bed.

"I knew it! I wanted to let you sleep a little longer but..." Lily didn't manage to finish her sentence when she saw Athanasia smile.

"Its okay. I have to wake up. Dad told me to come over early today," Athanasia said. She still felt a littlr sleep even when Lily started to change her clothes. But feel more warm and awake as she walk out of her room.

All the servants is just greeting her as she passed by and she greeted them back.

After Carx disappeared, and jennette left, everything returned to normal in the palace. It was almost like nothing had ever happened...

Athanasia felt like it its just a bad dream. When she got into Claude's office she suddenly heard the voice of Felix and Claude. She initially wanted to open it and greet them but she heard them speak something different.

"Are you really sure you don't want the throne, Felix?" Claude ask.

"Your majesty... Her highness deserve the throne the most and I would say, she would do a wonderful job as the empress," Felix casually said.

"But you would also do a great job..." Claude softly said. Athanasia felt confuse. Why does Claude offering thr throne to Felix? Aren't she the only child of Claude? This didn't make sense. Did something else happen outside the novel like what happen to Jennette?

Not that she had greed for the throne. In fact she felt a bit nervous if she could handle the throne. Just like when she faces the noble when Claude is in a state of comatose. Would she really do a great job?

"Father... I don't wish to be entangled with the throne. What I like is to just become a helper of Athanasia. We already compromised for me becoming your personal knight than a field knight like I initially want," Felix answered. Athanasia almost dropped her jaw...

Felix is Claude's son? How? When? She can't believe it.

"That's because of your self-sacrifice attitude you bastard. You are really just like your mother! Both of you are driving me nuts!" Claude reply.

"I don't sacrifice myself father! Being alive is the best after all!" Felix said. 

Then... Does that mean, Felix is her hyung? Does she have a hyung? Then why wasn't it told to the novel? Wait...

I remember Felix was the one who spoke for Athanasia in Lovely Princess. And he actually retired after Athanasia died. He wasn't mentioned again in the novel after he left.

Oh gosh! How the hell there are a lot of loopholes in the novel. She just takes a deep breath and knocks. Claude gave her some documents and how the ceremonial program would run.

Claude is about to officially crown her as the crown princess. Everyone else is taking it for granted except for Athanasia. He also shared to Athanasia some of his duties of governing the national affairs... Making her busy.

She fell in deep thought going out of Claude's office. And she was thinking about the past of Claude... What really happened in the past?

"Princess!" Ejekiel call. Athanasa snaps to her thoughts and looks at her back. She saw Ejikiel smiling at her as he bowed.