🍬SweetSquirrel🍬

You opened your eyes swiftly, seeing a bright, blue sky. Where were you? There was grass below your laying body. It was calming, but you were still concerned about how you got here and where you were.

You sat up and looked around. You were on a grass hill with trees in the distance. A gentle breeze ran through your fur- WAIT FUR??? You looked at your arms. They were indeed covered with y/c* colored fur. Your Choice*

You felt for ears on your head. They were skinny and fluffy. You had a big fluffy tail as well. Were you a squirrel? (Hope you like squirrels)

You sat up and looked around. There was a colorful forest in the distance. You knew it was probably dumb, but you wanted to try to find anything or anyone that could help. You walked towards the forest cautiously with fear jabbing you in the gut.

It was a pretty peaceful place to walk in. There was no feeling of fear there. The trees rustled calmly as the light shined through them.

You settled down a bit with the calm scene around you. You started to notice that you weren't in any danger, so you did not rush to find help. There were birds talking and singing, bunnies bouncing away at your presence, and the occasional squirrel, such as yourself, climbing in the trees.

You noticed that all of these small animals were not like you. You were sentient, able to speak, and walked on two legs. It was a little strange, but you didn't really mind. As long as you were not a spider or a worm. You even thought squirrels were pretty cute.

Thinking about how cool you must have looked, you swayed your tail while you walked in a fashionable way.

You had been walking for about a half hour and wanted to take a small break. You sat down on the grass near a tree and relaxed. Now that you weren't freaking out about how you got here, you were pretty calm.

You were strangely tired, though, so you laid down in the grass and closed your eyes. The sounds of the forest lulled you to a light sleep.

*Sniff*

What was that? You opened your eyes slowly. There was a purple cat right above your head, hanging from the tree by its tail. He pulled away when he saw you open your eyes.

You didn't know what to do. He just suddenly showed up and did not say anything.

"Um... hi?"

He tilted his head and looked at you curiously. Was he mute or deaf?

You waved up to him cautiously. He noticed your confusion and spoke in a soft and mumbled voice.

"I don't talk much. Hi."

You sat up and leaned against the tree. He seemed pretty nice from what you could tell so far. He spoke again in his quiet voice.

"May I ask your name?"

"Oh its-"

Wait. What was your name?

"I- I dont know.."

You looked away and chuckled.

"I just woke up here. I dont remember anything before an hour ago..."

He calmly looked at you.

"That happens to all of us in the beginning."

All of us? There were more creatures? You looked at him curiously.

"No one knows how they got here. Well, except for me..."

He looked to the ground, his seeming permanent smile fading a little.

"I dont want to talk about those memories, though. Speaking of remembering, there should be a name on your necklace."

You looked down. There indeed was a necklace wrapped around your neck. It had a candy-shaped pendant. You flipped it over, and it said 'SweetSquirrel' on the back.

"It says my name is SweetSquirrel."

"That's a cool one. Im CatNap, by the way."

You smiled at him. It was nice to be able to talk to someone around here, let alone even know what's going on.

"CatNap! Where did you go??? Your spot is too hard!!"

You flinched in surprise and stood up.

"What was that?"

He sighed and smiled.

"I was playing hide and seek. That's DogDay."

He yelled to him in a talking level.

"Over here!"

Somehow, the animal heard it, as he had walked out from behind the trees. He was an orange and brown dog with a sun necklace. He seemed very extroverted and nice.

"There you are! Were you cheating in the trees again?!"

CatNap looked at you and back at DogDay.

"Actually... I found a new member."

He stepped to the side and pointed at you. DogDay smiled wide and walked up to you. He put his hand out enthusiastically.

"My name is DogDay! Welcome to the Smiling Critters!"

You shook his hand and smiled.

"Thank you, but... what are the Smiling Critters?"

He suddenly put his hands on his head.

"Shoot! I always forget to explain that part! We are a group of animals, like yourself, that found each other, and we decided to start this group to keep positivity between us!"

You smiled. That sounded like fun.

"How many are there?"

He counted on his fingers and thought.

"Excluding you... there are eight in total. So now we have nine! Also! We all have cool smells! I usually am good at figuring out what each one is. Can I try to figure yours out?"

You hesitated but nodded.

He walked a foot close and sniffed.

"That's definently Caramel!"

You smiled. You loved caramel.

"My scent is vanilla, and CatNap is lavender. Everyone else has different ones. Speaking of them, we should go introduce you! We have a house for all of us just a couple of minutes from here!"

You smiled wide.

"I would love to meet them!"

"Great! Let's go!"

You all started walking in the direction of the orange canine. CatNap occasionally looked at you but looked away whenever you looked back.

"Man you really are introverted. Its ok to look at me! I dont mind."

Dogday chuckled.

"I always try to get CatNap to talk more and socialise, but he is always silent and sleeping!"

CatNap giggled at the sleeping part.

"Im always tired. I need my naps."

"Not for seven hours a day, man! You look dead when you sleep!"

You laughed. You knew you would fit in just fine.

(OMG IM ALIVEEEE)