A Friend

You were going on a field trip today! That wasnt even the best part! Your school was going to the Playtime Factory! You were especially happy about this, because you would be able to talk to the toys! None of the other kids in your school really talked to you, infact its almost like they avoided you.

Ever since you were 6, people would back away from you. You never knew why. You were now 9 and it never changed.

You were excited to see the toys because they wouldnt avoid you. You were sure of it. You and your class walked off the bus and got tickets clipped to your shirts. The teachers walked everyone inside.

All of the employees seemed so nice and happy. They lead the class through the factory, telling the kids cool facts and explaining alot of things about each room. You finally got to the Game Station.

You were amazed. There were all types of toys walking around and playing with the kids. You saw Kissy Missy, Huggy Wuggy, Mommy Long Legs, Candy Cat, and others. Your personal favorite was Catnap from the smiling critters. He seemed like the most mature and caring in the cartoon. Youve seen videos and commercials of the real Catnap, and you were so excited to meet him.

You looked around exitedly. He didnt seem like he was around right now. You listened to the employees and teachers.

"Alright everyone lets take roll one more time before we let you explore...

Now remember! Be back in 2 hours with your small group adult! We will be taking roll again once we regroup. Have fun everyone!"

You went to your teacher who would be taking you and 2 other kids around. Everyone else was walking in their own directions.

"Where would you 3 like to go?"

You and the other kids there had the same favorite toy, so you gave eachother a smile then answered.

"Catnap's Box!"

Catnap is kept in a box type of room. It looks like just a huge box in the Game station near the play area.

The teacher laughed and started walking with you.

You walked over to the play areas and went to his box. You got so excited to see him! You walked in through a flap-like door.

And there he was. He was hanging out with all the kids already in the room. He was so tall! You walked up closer, about 6 feet away. He turned his head and noticed you. He seemed to be more interested in you than the other kids now.

You looked up at him with amazement. He looked back and tilted his head. He got even more interested and layed down to be eye level. Some kids tried to climb on him but he ignored it.

He gazed at you with his regular smile. You were really happy that he was more interested in you.

He smiled with his eyes aswell and purred. You smiled aswell and walked up to hug him. He seemed slightly surprised, but wrapped his paws around you. What you wouldnt notice though was that he saw how lonely you were by the glint in your eyes, no friends nearby, and the calm demeanour. Everything about you spelled out the word 'lonely.'

He nuzzled you and let go. Suddenly he crawled over to a box. He pulled out a catnap toy. This one was different. Catnap knew that this toy was broken and no smoke came out of the mouth. He crawled back over with the toy in his paw and layed back down infront of you.

He reached his paw with the toy infront of you and opened it. He gave a deep meow as if saying 'Take it. Its yours.' You smiled big and grabbed it gently out of his paw. You hugged it close and smiled to him.

"Thank you, Catnap."

He purred and nuzzled your torso. You laughed and hugged his head. You pet his head because why not lol.

"___, ___, Y/N! Time to go!"

You got a little sad but were happy to have seen Catnap. You let go of him.

"Bye Catnap!"

You waved and walked away.

Catnap had never met a child like you. He never had his urge to kill decipitate till he had encountered you. He was happy about this feeling. He had already set in his head that when he is finally free...

He would find you again.

(OMG FIRST CATNAP ITS SO WHOLESOMEEEEE)