I pulled my phone out of my pocket as I felt my breathing getting heavy and the room getting smaller and hotter.

I press on Cassandra's contact. As the phone rings, I feel something wet dripping down my face.

"Hello" she says

"Cas I need you" I said feeling like the room was closing in on me.

"What do you mean?" She asked confused.

"I-I'm stuck, I need you ta' get me out"

"Out of what? Where are you?"

"I'm in a closet, get me out" I said as my breathing got quicker.

"Hold on" she said before I over heard her talking to someone, "could you please turn on the lights I think I've lost my wallet"

"Yea" I heard faintly

"Baby you are you still there?" She asked

"Yea" I said closing my eyes, standing up and putting my hands over my ears, hearing my father's voice.

Flashback

"You hea' me talkin to you boy—answer me when I'm speaking to you" Lloyd angrily said as I just looked at him.

"You know what—you're going in the closet" he said grabbing my arm and pulling me to the closest.

"Dad no I'm sorry" I rushed out.

"Get in there" he said as he pushed me into the closet and locked the door.

Flashback over

"Get me out" I said as the voice got louder, "cas get me out! Get me out!!" I said banging on the door.

"Baby calm down I'm coming"

"Cas please get me out" my voice cracked I said sitting in the corner.

I hear the door opening making me look up seeing Cassandra. She rushed inside seeing me on the floor with tears running down my face.

"Oh my gosh what happened Bryson?" She whispered, grabbing my face between her hand and wiped it with her thumbs.

I felt my breathing slowing down for the first time in ten minutes.

"I had a panic attack" I mumbled in shame realizing she just saw me breaking down.

"Come on—let's go" she said helping me up.

She took my keys and we walked to the car. I got in the passenger side while she drove down the street, we sat in silence.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" She asked keeping her eyes on the road.

"Na" I mumbled lowly putting my hood on my head letting it cover my eyes.

"Okay" she said as she continued driving to my house.
————————
Cassandra

We pull up to Bryson's house and get out the car. I didn't know that he had panic attacks and if I did I didn't know that they were this bad. He hasn't said a word since we left the laser tag place which worried me.

We get settled in his room. I took off my shoes, getting on his bed watching his every move.

He took off his shoes first then his hoodie before climbing into his bed and laying on top of me. I began to rub his neck trying to soothe him.

"I didn't tell you because I thought I ain't get them no more" he murmured into my neck.

"When did you start getting them" I said referring to the panic attacks.

"When my dad start locking me in the closet" he said before continuing, "I used ta' get 'em more often than I do now"

I sat in silence, listening to what he had to say.

"I had found a way ta' control them and keep 'em from escalating but ion know why I panicked today like I did" he said lowly before speaking again, "I ain't mean for you ta' see me like that"

"Baby it's okay, I'm just glad I got to you before it got out of hand" I said rubbing his neck.

"And you don't have to be ashamed about that, you can tell me anything and I wouldn't judge—unless you like pineapple on pizza" I joked to lighten the mood making him chuckle.

"Na I don't " he muttered.

"Good because that's a deal breaker" I said laughing making him laugh.

"How's the apartment shopping going?" I asked as we changed positions. We both was laying on our sides, facing each other.

"Good, I'm getting the second one we saw together"

"Yay I really liked that one" I said smiling.

"Mhm" he said closing his eyes, as I started rubbing his cheek.

I love touching him

"You keep doing that ima go ta' sleep" he mumbled rubbing my waist.

"Today has been a long day, I think we deserve some sleep"