I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Chapter 1.

" i don't wanna fit wherever, i just wanna keep calling your name, until you come back home "

| oneshot |

꧁ ꧂

Soarynn

It was quiet when she entered her apartment.

Soarynn let out a shuddered breath as she shut the door, making sure to turn the deadbolt before she turned around to face the hallway.

Normally he would be right behind her, his breath on her neck, his hands on her waist.

Normally he'd have her pinned against the door right now as they both struggled to take their clothes off.

But not tonight.

Soarynn pressed her back against the door, remembering all the times he had done the same, when he'd whisper how beautiful she looked that night, and how she was the only girl for him.

But things were different now.

Soarynn choked back a sob as she slid down to the floor, pulling her knees up to her chest as the tears finally began to fall.

They had called things off. Her and Coriolanus.

It broke her inside to know that after all these years they didn't make it. They'd been sweethearts for six years, starting in the Academy and making their way through the University together.

Some of the hardest years of her life had been spent by the side of Coriolanus as he offered her comfort and stability.

Both of them knew what it was like to grow up without stability or comfort, especially during the war that claimed the lives of both of their parents. Soarynn's parents had left behind their fortune as well as their prominent last name to her, and she had managed to nestle her way into the elite society of the Capitol.

She had to credit some of that to Coriolanus, who had worked even harder than her to secure himself a spot at the top of the pyramid.

The Snows were old money, and they were as high up as you could be. But once the war claimed all but one, Coriolanus had been on his own.

Still, he didn't let that stop him, in fact, he used it as motivation.

He excelled in school, made connections, and won the Plinth Prize for being an exceptional student. Soarynn had been so proud of him, so happy to be seen by his side supporting him as he worked his way up in the world despite all his challenges.

She had some challenges herself, but Coriolanus always helped her tackle those problems. He took care of her, defended her, protected her, and he loved her.

But not anymore.

The tears were falling freely now as it truly began to hit Soarynn, the adrenaline finally wearing off from tonight.

The night had started off as any night did when the two of them went out on a date.

Soarynn did her hair and makeup, dressed in a beautiful short dress that clung to her figure in all the right places. It showed just the right amount of cleavage and skin without showing too much to the rest of the world.